Shawn worrying about Brian

A/N: A 1,9k blurb I had stuck in my head about what kind of a friend Shawn is.

"Hey babe, you busy?" Shawn asked, suddenly appearing at the bedside next to me. He let his fingers run through my hair as sent me a tiny smile. His smile didn't reach his eyes but he could just be tired, so I didn't think too much of it.

"Never too busy for you. What's up?" I said, closing my book and letting it drop to the floor.

Carefully, Shawn crawled into the bed and let his head rest on my shoulder. His wild curls tickled my cheek when he moved and I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Oh, sorry honey" he said, adjusting his position.

Shawn let his head drop to rest in my lap instead. He moved around a bit until he was comfortable. My fingers slipped into his messy hair and I started massaging his scalp roughly, forcing him to shut his eyes in pleasure from feeling my fingers. My hands moved around his messy curls and I noticed how tense his body seemed to be. I bended down and nipped to his lips a few times, then brushing my nose tip against his.

"What's on your mind, Shawn?" I let my fingertip trace the wrinkle between his brows for a second, before letting it slip down to his warm but soft lips.

"I just need to talk to you about something" he stuttered, chewing into the side of his cheek.

I felt his jaw clench, noticing how a wave of worry floated across his otherwise warm and friendly face. I felt a small lump in my throat as I saw the struggle he seemed to be carrying around at the moment.

"What's going on, honey?" I asked, letting my hand slip down his strong arm to find his hand.

Quickly - almost desperately - he intertwined our fingers together. His nails digging roughly into my skin. I dragged his hand to my mouth and let my lips brush lightly against his knuckles.

"Have you talked to Brian lately? Or while I was touring?"

"Mh, we hung out a couple of times when you were gone. And I helped him study for his exams. Why are you asking?"

"I don't know... I'm just a bit worried about him" Shawn said, opening his eyes again. As soon as I caught his gaze, I could tell how serious he was being right now. "It might just be my head messing with me but I just have this nagging feeling that something is off with him" he stuttered, biting into his bottom lip.

Shawn worried a lot in general but I had never really imagined him being this worried about Brian. We both knew Brian was a tough kid who had been through a lot, it had to be something bad for Shawn to be as worried as he seemed to be.

"Why do you think that?" I asked him.

He shrugged his shoulders as a heavy sigh slipped out of his lips. Clearly, these thoughts been spinning in his mind for a while and slowly, they seemed to be eating him up from the inside. That wrinkle between his eyes; it was concern.

"He's been avoiding my calls and he doesn't come to hang with the boys anymore. Matt says he's rarely at school and I guess it just doesn't seem like him" he said, look up at me. I sent him a warm smile to calm him down but Shawn was right in his worries.

That didn't seem like Brian to me either; he was always at every party and he wouldn't miss the chance to hang with Shawn when he was finally back home. And though he tried to deny it, Brian had always been rather serious about his education.

My hands ran down Shawn's broad upper body and immediately, I felt his heart pound harshly against his chest. Shawn reached for my fingers and forced them down to his lips. While kissing my fingertips one by one, I felt the quiver from his big hands. Letting my fingers explore them, I could tell he had been beating the punching bag harder than usually.