Playing Nurse (smut)

Another old one from tumblr. 

*****

"And where exactly do you think you're going?" I asked Shawn, raising an eyebrow towards him while he tried dragging his long but sore body across the wooden floor in our bedroom.

He had been awake all night, couching his lungs out, with a high fever and a headache that made him whine from time to time. Sadly, that meant I had been awake all night too.

"I have a studio session." He brushed off, avoiding all sort of contact with my eyes fully aware that they were glued to his silhouette.

His voice was rasp and I could tell it hurt him whenever he began talking, although he would never fully admit it. Shawn had barely managed to drag his body out of bed and he had gotten too lightheaded to take a shower.

"Yeah, I don't think so." I said, shaking my head lightly towards him. Stepping closer, I let my palm rest on his forehead while immediately feeling the fever heating his skin. He wasn't just a tad warm, he was boiling.

"But I-" Shawn began complaining, although I wouldn't let him continue with his protest.

"No buts." I told him, my tone slightly harder than before. "Back to bed."

I put my hands on each his shoulders as I began leading him back to the white bed to get some rest. Unwillingly, all Shawn could do was follow my lead.

"But Andrew and the team are waiting." He complained, his voice sore enough to break at the end, leaving him unable to finish his verdict.

"I already called them. They know you're sick, Shawn. You practically kept the entire neighborhood awake with your coughing last night." I told him firmly, forcing him to lay his head on the black pillow.

"But really, I'm okay." He protested once again, clearing his throat to hide another cough pressing on.

"Clearly." I mumbled sarcastically while rolling my eyes at him. Shawn didn't seem to fight my actions this time and he finally caved in and allowed his body to collapse.

He looked rather sick, enough to have me worried to be honest and I had no doubt he was feeling shitty. Shawn's face was pale and out of colour. Except his cheek, they had that familiar redish tone from the fever, but his lips were white too and his eyes seemed distant and quite foggy. His throat was sore, though he tried hiding it, he could barely speak without straining a muscle in pain. Willing to admit it or not, there was no way he was leaving the apartment today.

Shawn's eyes darted to mine but he struggled keeping his focus on me. Once again, I let my hand rest on Shawn's heated forehead.

"God Shawn, you're burning." I worried as I let my fingers slide gently to his lips.

Sitting down next to him, I let my fingers run through his wild, unwashed curls to remove tots of hair from his face as he shut his eyes to fully feel my embrace. Shawn coughed again and this time, he had trouble breathing normally.

"Okay..." He admitted, as he buried his head deeper into the pillow. "Maybe I do feel kinda shitty."

I was rather relieved by his statement, at least that meant I didn't have to fight him to keep him in bed this time. Shawn never stopped and slowed down, not even when he was sick. He would continue to push through it, though he was feeling like hell or his body was telling him to take a breather, and we'd had plenty of fights regarding this in the past.

My hand caressed his warm cheek as I tilted my head to the side while the nagging feeling of worry began to spread in my stomach. I had never seen Shawn as sick as he seemed to be at the moment and I wasn't quite sure what to do about it.