Saturday & Sunday, June 17th & 18th

The 4 of us woke up at 7 and got ready for the day. I fed Duke and made my drinks. We all went down to help set up.

Anson: Baby Horse are you ready for PT?
Me: yes sir
Anson: Wendy we should be back by 10
Wendy: alright good luck
Me: thank you

Anson and I got in his car and he drove to the training room. Dr. Hooker hooked the machines up to my shoulder and elbow for 20 minutes. Once Dr. Hooker took the wires off we went over to the pool area. I stripped down to my Nike pros and sports bra before getting in.

Hooker: alright well start off slow and then go from there.

The treadmill started moving and after a couple minutes it sped up.

Hooker: any pain?
Me: nope I'm good
Hooker: well 5 more minutes and then you can get out
Me: alright

I did 5 more minutes and then Anson helped me out. I dried off and then went to the bathroom to change. I came back out and then thanked Dr. Hooker before Anson and I left. Anson went through the doughnut place and we got 3 dozen before going back to E-Haus. Everyone grabbed their doughnuts before going back to set up.

AK: How was PT?
Me: Alright, I did the water treadmill today
AK: been there multiple times

Girls started arriving and I would highlight their names while AK got the shirts and Mya would get their ball if they ordered one. By 2 almost everyone was checked in. The girls gathered in front of the steps and Dino talked.

Dino: Welcome girls. We are glad to see some new and some old faces here. With us this camp we have 6 current UNC players, Mya, Bridget, Cam, Abby, AK and Baby Horse. We also have 5 current Wofford players, Nicki, Sarah, Rachel, Cara, and Macy. Now we have many coaches from all over and I'll let them introduce themselves...

Tom: Alright now we are going to split up into teams and then head down to the turf field. Take a couple minutes and find your team and make sure you have your gear.

My team was USA again and it was me, AK and Tom. We met the girls and then went down to the field. The girls did stretching and then we took our teams to do passing drills. After drills, we split into two teams to play 7v7. We finished around 5 and everyone loaded on to the bus to go to Finley Fields. Everyone made their plates and then sat down to eat and talk.

Mya: how long until you can walk?
Me: at least another week, I have an appointment on the 26th
Nicki: how long has it been?
Me: a week from today will be 4 months
Cara: wow
Me: yeah

We finished eating and then talked until the girls had to put on their cleats. The one camper from each team put theirs on too and then Camper vs coaches game was underway. After an hour, the game ended and USA was playing Wofford on the turf field so we headed to the bus.

At the field, AK and I made the line up while the girls put on their cleats. The girls won 3-1 and we walked back to the dorm. Once the 9 pm camper meeting started AK and I went up to our room. I fed Duke and showered quickly. I got dressed and then once AK was showered and dressed we went down to hand out pizzas. By the time we finished it was almost 11 and we cleaned up and went to bed. 

Sunday

The 4 of us woke up at 6 and went to knock on the doors for wake-up calls at 6:30. We finished and then headed to breakfast. At 8 the girls met at the steps and then they walked down. Anson and I got in his car and he drove me to PT.

Hooker: Good morning, Anson, Savannah
Me: good morning
Hooker: well I'm going to let you skip the STIM machines today so you spend a little more time in the pool.

I was in the pool for 40 minutes and then I had to do my exercises. I finished and put my boot and brace back on.

Hooker: well you are making progress even if it doesn't seem like it
Me: I know

Anson drove me to Finley fields so I could join my team. It was almost 10 and the girls had just lined up. Duke and I went over and to AK and Tom.

AK: how was your PT?
Me: alright I guess, I spent 40 minutes in the pool
AK: fun
Me: yeah

The girls beat Seattle 2-0 and we loaded the bus and went to lunch. We ate and then had down time so we played FIFA until 1:15. We walked down to the field and the girls had a technical session. In the middle Hope call me so I walked to the end of the field so I had some privacy.

Me: hey hope
Hope: hey how's camp?
Me: for me, boring
Hope: okay well how has PT been?
Me: pretty good. I've been doing the water treadmill
Hope: that's good, how are you feeling?
Me: I'm okay, considering
Hope: good, well I better go
Me: alright bye mama
Hope: bye SB

I hung up with Hope and went back to over to the group. Anson then walked over to me. 

Anson: call from Hope?
Me: yeah, we talk almost every day
Anson: that's good, I'm glad
Me: yeah, she's been my legal guardian since my mom died
Anson: what about your dad or your sister? It is a sister, right?
Me: yes, it is, but my dad's a 4-star general and is always out of the country and my sister and I don't really talk to each other
Anson: I see
Me: yeah
Anson: well how are you handling not being able to play?
Me: it's hard but I'm good

Anson and I talked a little bit longer and then my team was on the Astroturf so I went with them. AK and I made the lineup and the girls beat Duke 2-1. We all went to dinner at 5. The last session of the day started at 6:30 and we played on the UNC turf field. They tied 1-1 and then everyone headed back to E-Haus for the camper meeting. AK and I showered and then went down to hand out pizza. After we finished we did room checks and then went to bed ourselves.