Sunday August 27th

My alarm went off and I went to get my brace set and then took Duke out. I went back to the room and laid down. Our alarms went off at 7:30 and the 4 of us got up. We packed our things and then went down to breakfast. We fixed our plates and sat with Jo and Jessie. The 6 of us ate and then went up to watch Gossip Girl until lunch at 10:30. We grabbed our bags and Annie made a double check to make sure we had everything.

We ate and then loaded the bus. We went to South Florida. After we got dressed we had our normal dance party. Dino came in to tell us it was time to go. We did our warmups and then I went to get my elbow taped.

Anson: alright ladies, Sam you're in goal, Mya, Julia, Maggs, and Cam are my back 4. Annie, Jo, and AK are my mids, and Jessie, Baby Horse, and Meghan are up top.

Once my tape was finished I joined the huddle and got the break. We took the field and SF kicked off at the whistle. We won possession and I played Jessie into the box, but she was taken down. The ref called for a PK and I stepped up to take it. The keeper went to the right as I went to the left to make it 1-0. 5 minutes later SF had their own PK to make 1-1. We set back up and in the 37th minute I played Annie a drop ball and she sailed it past the keeper. We help them off at 2-1 until halftime.

Dino: good first half, it's getting chippy out there so let's make sure we are getting the ball of quickly

We went back on the field and I sent the ball back to Annie. We kept it and possessed for a bit. In the 82nd minute I dribbled up the middle and I saw Meghan cut in. I split the defenders and Meghan slid in to slip it past the keeper. The final whistle blew with us winning 3-1.

Anson: great job ladies, get a cool down and then head in. I want the bus to be leaving in an hour. Baby Horse go shower now so we can get your elbow reset.

A couple of the girls that didn't play and I headed to the locker room. I showered and put on shorts and a t-shirt before our trainer came to set my brace. As soon as it moved past 110 it started to hurt.

Me: holy shit, that hurts
Rachel: only 40 more
Me: that's a lot
Rachel: 20 more
Me: there's no way
Rachel: 10.9.8 (shit) 7.6.5 (shit) 4.3.2.1
Me: oh my lord is my arm even still attached
Rachel: yes, Dr. Hooker told me to tell you to take your medication
Me: I will

The rest of the girls came in and showered quickly. We loaded the bus at 4:15 and headed to Newks for dinner. We all ate and then went to the airport. We went through security and to the gate. We were finally able to board at 7:30. We landed in North Carolina at 9:30. We got back to our parking lot at 10.

Anson: stretching and recover at 7, that is all

We all went to our cars and left. I got back to my apartment and put my brace at 90 before going to sleep.