Sunday July 30th

Hope woke up at 6 and turned to wake Kelley, Alex and me.

Hope: come on Kell and twins its 6:05
Kell: coffee?
Hope: at breakfast
Kell: alright I'm up
Hope: Twins let's go!
Alex: mm
Me: noo
Hope: I'm not going to ask again

Alex and I got up and followed Hope and Kelley downstairs. We got our plates and sat down.

Allie: twins look you look like a hot mess
Me: I feel like one
Alex: same

We ate and then talked for a bit. I had to go to Dave and he hooked me up to the machines for 20 minutes. I did my elbow exercises and Dave tried to set my brace but it didn't move.

Dave: well I want to do some sprint work with you while the girls warm up
Me: alright thank you

I went back to the room and changed. Hope and I watched Game of Thrones until lunch. We ate and then went to our rooms to change. We loaded the bus at 5:15 and went to the stadium. We put on our warmup gear and Dave brought me a pair of Alex's cleats. I put them on and went out with the girls. I warmed up with them and then Dave and I went to a portion of the field they weren't using.

Dave: I want to see you plant and change direction so, suicides to each cone. Go slow and then if you feel comfortable you can speed up.
Me: alright

I did the first two sets at a jog and then did the 3rd at about 75%.

Dave: any pain or unstableness?
Me: not really, it just not as strong as it used to be and I can tell
Dave: that's normal, do one full out and then you'll be done.
Me: okay

Dave said go and I took off. I finished with no problems and Dave said my time wasn't too far from my normal ones. I went back to the locker room and changed back into normal clothes. The rest of the girls came in and put their uniforms on. Jill then came over to me.

Jill: you can sit on the bench if you want
Me: alright I will
Jill: also, you looked good in those suicides
Me: thank you

I walked with Alex since she wasn't starting.

Alex: how's the ankle
Me: good, it doesn't hurt
Alex: how was your time?
Me: Dave wouldn't tell me but he said it wasn't too far from my normal
Alex: that's good, still frustrated with your elbow?
Me: yes, and even once I hit 180 I won't be able to take the brace off
Alex: what do you mean
Me: I'll have to do 12 hours straight and 12 hours at 90
Alex: for how long
Me: I guess until I don't have trouble extending it
Alex: what are you going to do about class?
Me: I'm not sure yet

We got to the bench and watched the other girls walk out. We went through introductions and the national anthem. The girls took the field and the whistle blew. Brazil kicked off and in the 2nd minute and they scored. We fought back for what felt like forever and finally in the 18th minute Sam got the equalizer. No one else scored and we went to halftime. 6 people switched in and I ended up sitting next to Hope.

Hope: are you good?
Me: yeah, I just want to play

In the 63rd minute, Brazil scored again followed by their third goal in the 78th. Everyone fought back and we were able to score 3 goals. Press had on in the 80th, Lynn in the 85th, and JJ in the 89th. The final whistle blew and we won 4-3. We huddled up and Jill talked to us.

Jill: good effort tonight ladies. We got the result we wanted, maybe not the way we wanted but we got the points. You have 30 minutes to sigh and start loading the bus.

We got a break and then everyone went their own way. I took pictures with a couple people and then went to the locker room. I helped the guys pack up and then went to the bus. Once everyone was on we went back to the hotel and ate dinner. Once Hope and I finished we went to the room and shower before going to bed.