Fools Comfort

Tears dripped down Stiles face after his outburst, he wiped them away angrily.

"Look at that, and here I thought the dead couldn't cry" Stiles murmured bitterly though trying to sound like he wasn't in as much pain as he'd let on.

Derek stepped forward, arms slightly outstretched as if wanting to give him a hug but unsure of himself and Stiles.

"Stiles, you're not a monster. You just weren't in control. You think Scott was in control on his first full moon? When he attacked you? The same is true here. Scott was still himself but he just lost control"

Stiles shook his head.

"That's different"

"How? How is it different!" Derek demanded.

The young vampire didn't reply, he just closed his eyes, shaking his head, hands grasping his hair like he wanted to pull it out.

"I can't- I can't deal with this. These urges, these feelings. I killed people and it felt so good! Just-just thinking about it makes me feel so giddy"

Derek couldn't stop himself, seeing him in such agony he pulled Stiles into a hug and the young vampire collapsed against him, silent tears streaking down his face.

"Shh, hey, hey, I'll do whatever I can to help, we all will" Derek said softly. He desperately wanted Stiles to know that they were all here for him, that he was here for him.

They stayed like that for a while until Derek felt Stiles start to tense and become very rigid in his hold. Derek's instincts flashed red warning bells in his ears and this time he listened to them. He slowly straightened and carefully as possible took a couple of steps backwards.

Stiles stayed in the exact same position, his body still. He didn't look up at Derek but the wolf knew what was wrong without needing to see Stiles expression or his eyes.

"You're definitely a lot better at controlling yourself than you were" He said, trying to look at the positive.

The young vampire stifled a laugh, one slightly hysterical and disbelieving. He smiled, full of sharp teeth and there was no warmth but still not moving from his position.

"You call that control? You wouldn't...if you knew what was going on up here"

Derek couldn't stop himself from recoiling at the sound of Stiles voice, the emotion and basic humanity it lacked was clear, including blood lust that smothered any light.

But he had to not let it get to him, he had to stay firm, they could get through this, they would get through this.

"Then thats what we should focus on then, helping you to control yourself. Once you do that then we can let you out, you can go back to normal or as close to normal as you can get"

Stiles finally uncurled from his position, finally meeting Derek's gaze. The red all to clear to see.

"You really believe that?"

Derek didn't flinch and met his eyes without wavering.

"I do"

Stiles sneered, his eyes turning an even darker red "You're a fool"

"Maybe" Derek said...

Maybe he was....