The Attack

"They told me to tell you that they made sure I wasn't followed" Stiles said, his breathing fast with nerves, his heart beating rapidly inside.

What was going to happen now?

Natalie looked grim as she addressed the nest "If they don't come back by tommorow we will assume the worse"

She then turned took the the child from Stiles arms. She turned towards Violet who'd been the first to approach Stiles when he'd arrived at the nest.

"Violet, I believe I found you a new charge. Take good care of her until we can decide what to do with her"

Violet beamed with happiness, looking a little giddy as she took the child and started making funny faces and talking softly to the kid until her crying stopped.

Stiles smiled at them. She'll be good at this he thought.

However the current situation soon put a damper on his smile.

Vampire Hunters? But why? How? If the vampires didn't come back did that mean they were all...?

But surely not.

Not all of them at least. He knew their own strength and speed, it was amazing, how could humans even hope to go up against them?

But then again they seem to worry the nest and that set Stiles teeth on edge.

Natalie started to address the pack again but that's when it all happened. There was no warning. No sound, no smell, nothing.

Any windows where smashed in by gun shots and with a loud crash the door Stiles had come through came tumbling down.

A black truck crashed through, the headlights blaring, for a couple of seconds blinding and confusing many vampires who just stood there in shock, Stiles included.

It was a massacre.

Vampire fell left and right.

Guns fired off, loud and deafening. Gun shots should be no problem for them but there was a foul stink in the air that told Stiles they where poisoned with something.

As soon as Stiles registered this he through himself to the ground, ducking away from the gun fire.

He stopped himself from breathing it in, his heart beat slowed and he put his hand over his mouth. He didn't need to breathe but because of the human blood running through his veins, breathing felt natural and it was a little difficult to stop.

He ran into the nearest room, looking out for any vampires he was close to as he did so but he couldn't see any. Most had collapsed because of the poison bullets or breathing it in to much.

Stiles peaked out from the room. The poison had already taken effect on him. He hadn't been shot by it or breathed enough in to collapse but he could feel himself weakening.

But if he stepped out of the room he knew the amount of poison in the air would course him to collapse instantly.

He had to wait for it to clear a little before he could do anything.

The black trucks doors opened and humans stepped out, Hunters.

Ten more came from behind the truck, they had been using it as cover.

The poison in the air didn't effect them. Stiles wondered what it was.

Then he heard it, crying...

No...

He recognised that cry.

The child!

He had hoped Violet had gotten her to safety!

Stiles peaked through the window on the door, his eyes wide.

This couldn't be happening!

Violet was unconscious, but her arms where wrapped protectively over the human child.

All Stiles could do was watch in horror.

Hi! So I should be updating this story every other day or once every two days depending on what I'm doing. Anyway hope you enjoy and so sorry it's been so long x I'll also be answering comments on the last chapter later on today. Anyway hope you enjoy and let me know what you think if you want x