Empty.

The door was smashed in and the windows were broken, they took different entrances into the apartment, ready to release their rage on the hunters, confident that the hunters didn't know they were coming so would have no time to react. 

Or so they thought that the hunters didn't know they were coming. 

Stiles heard a angry shout from Hunter as he barged into the apartment, Hunter had come through the balcony the hunters had, he was first into the apartment and was standing in the middle of the apartment. 

In the middle of the empty apartment. 

Stiles and Emma both snarled with rage, how could it be empty?!

Had Derek given him the wrong address? Before Stiles could really think about it, after some quick speed rummaging around, Emma brought out a number of hunting weapons hidden in locked metal cases under beds and in wardrobes, easily destroying the lock. 

So this was the hunters den but then why were they not all here. 

"Somethings wrong, their aren't nearly enough weapons here for the amount of hunters we saw and theres no living materials here at all, all the clothes, everything humans need to survive and fit into society isn't here, they can't have stayed here overnight" Emma said grimly. 

"Unless they were here and someone warned them we were coming, instead of wait for us and set traps, they packed up and left, they likely believed we all had been killed and wouldn't know how many of us survived" Hunter speculated coldly. 

Emma turned to Stiles but this time looking at him with care and worry "I'm sorry, you know what this means right?" 

Stiles gritted his teeth, yes he knew what this meant. 

"Alright" He said tightly "Lets go find Derek" 

He hated the idea of facing Derek again and the guilt over what he'd done to him made him start to feel sick once more but his desire for revenge against the hunters outweighed his apprehension over facing Derek again. 

Derek on the other hand felt like he had stepped into his worst nightmare, every time he went to sleep, he thought he expected to be woken by light flooding into his room, yet the light never touched him again.

He could smell Scott waiting outside his door. 

Derek let out a frustrated growl, he hated this, he hated having to be so reliant on everyone. Reliant on them for defending himself for one thing but reliant just to get by in everyday life? He hated feeling so helpless. 

Feeling his way around the room Derek managed to get to the door, Scotts hands coming up to grab him and steady him. He could literally feel his beta's discontent from here. 

"I can manage" Derek snapped.

"No you can't" Scott said sadly and maybe there was a slice of coldness as well? Derek winced at that knowing Scotts instincts would be soon demanding Scott found a new pack. What good was an alpha with no eyes? 

As Derek walked down stairs with Scotts help suddenly a strange feeling crawled down his back, he looked towards where he remembered one of his windows was, despite then realising it was a stupid move because he couldn't see anything. 

"Scott, is there anyone outside the window" 

Scott replied, looking at the window and outside, confused "No...why?" 

"Nothing" Derek sighed. 

Yet he couldn't shake the horrible feeling he was being watched...