Birthay Present

Stiles shifted uneasily in his position. He was sitting against the room, not only did he keep shifting his position but his fingers kept on tapping nervously on the floor.

He didn't have the luxury to worry about meeting the vampires yet. No, a much bigger problem was racking his nerves.

It was his birthday today.

His father had promised to meet him. The memory of what happened when they first met was fresh in his mind. Yeah his father was the one who'd been able to make him overcome his instincts and jog his memories back, but he remembered barely being able to hold himself back.

Derek had assured him he had a lot more self control than before. Then Scott had said stupidly that they could use this as a test bed to see if Allison and Lydia could visit him.

Stiles almost killed him.

His father was not going to be used to test his self control like Chris was doing.

No way in hell.

The nerves only grow as time ticked. But time couldn't stay still forever. Stiles almost jumped when his father's scent came rushing forth and hurried loud footsteps came closer. Stiles could literally feel his father's concern and excitement while he only felt sick with nerves.

"Stiles!"

And then he was there, in front of him, Derek and Chris right behind, though there eyes where on him. Chris even had his gun out. It's likely his father hasn't noticed in his hurry to get to his son.

Derek looked concerned while Chris looked more wary.

Without any hesitation and to Stiles's shock his father pulled him into a hug.

The Sheriff held his son tightly, trying to hold his tears. How many more days would it be until he'd be able to hug him like this again.

Stiles was stiff underneath his hug but his eyes were not red and he was not behaving like he had been back then so the Sheriff decided that was a good thing.

It had to be or....

Or he would know what to do.

Stiles felt like he was torn he was being torn in two.

Half of him screamed in love and the need to return his father's embrace, it felt like it had been years when really it hasn't been that long.

The other half of him screamed in hunger. He could smell the delicious red liquid running through his father's veins. A human was this close to him. So close, it would be so easy to-

No!

Stop it!

His father thankfully let's go of him before one side of Stiles can win then he watched as his father, non plussed reaches into his bag and pulled something out.

Stiles eyes widened as he sees it, his mouth hanging open in shock.

It was a...birthday cake.

A chocolate birthday cake with eatable Star Wars structures iced on the cake.

"I though you might like this" Stiles father said excitedly and happily. He beamed at Stiles as he handed it to the stunned Stiles, who took it, to surprised to do anything.

Then he brought out a large knife to cut the cake with.

"I thought as I don't know when I'll see you again I might as well enjoy some cake with my son"

He then sat down, patting the ground besides him. Stiles hesitantly sat down.

"I thought you were trying for a diet" Stiles said dryly.

The Sheriff looked embarrassed at that.  He handed Stiles the knife, not looking a worried at all.

Stiles felt his heart swell... it almost hurt that he had that much trust in him.

Slowly he cut the cake, handing his father a very small piece then cutting his own slice.

Derek stepped forward.

Stiles knew by looking at his expression, he knew.

"Stiles, are you-" Derek started to say, shocked.

"Let us eat our cake in peace Derek" Stiles said, not letting his real emotions slip through his voice as he turned to him.

Only when he knew his father wasn't looking, he shot Derek a warning look. If Derek made a fuss, so help him.

Luckily he stepped back but still looking troubled as he watched Stiles bite into the cake and swallow.

It tasted like ash.

It tasted rotten.

But he smiled anyway and slowly eat the whole piece.

Soon his father had finished as well.

Derek watched as slowly Stiles hand went to his stomach and he watched tension slowly slide into the muscles. No human would have any thought anything about  the movement. But Derek was no human.

After waiting a couple more minutes.

"I think it's time you should go"

Stiles father looked like he was about to protest but saw a gleam of red in his sons eyes and his smile this time held no warmth but just sadness and shame.

"No, no, don't be ashamed, it's not your fault" The Sheriff said softly, making sure Stiles was looking at him, quickly he stood up.

Stiles looked like he was about to protest but then seemed to think better of it.

Good the Sheriff thought.

Derek watched their goodbyes, this time Stiles father knew better than to hug him and tried not to feel uneasy as he felt Stiles eyes track him until he left.

Not like a child not wanting his father to leave but like a predator.

The wolf turned towards Stiles only to find that Stiles had cut up the birthday cake but was eating it in fevered gulps.

"Stiles!" He growled, not hiding his concern or anger.

Chris asked not sure what was going on "What is it?!"

He soon saw what problem was, after a couple of gulps, Stiles keeled over.

His eyes started to sting as his body tried to force him to through it up but he forced it down.

"Stiles! You'll poison yourself! Vampires can't eat human food!" Derek snapped, kneeling down and grabbing his shoulder.

But the vampire shook his head and carried on eating.

He was determined to finish the whole cake, every now and again his chest heaved and his eyes watered.

There was one last piece left.

Stiles went for it but Derek pulled it away.

"Stiles, no-!"

But Stiles reply stopped him in his tracks. It...broke his heart.

Stiles was crying as he forced the last piece down.

He sobbed, choking on his words "W-what kind of son would I-I be, if I can't even enjoy my d-dads birthday present?"