I Don't Think You Want To See This

It couldn't be! No!

Stiles shook his head at what Hunter was implying.

They wouldn't.

He refused to accept that they were responsable for the massacre of his Nest.

Hunters eyes darkened as he said "Well there's one way to find out" He added "The poison takes about 15 minutes to disappear. We'll go back in a check for survivors. Anyone who was able to escape would do the same thing"

"I don't understand" Stiles hissed "I thought vampire hunters where not a problem for us?"

Hunter agreed "They usually aren't. That poison they used is incredibly expensive and very difficult to make and get hold of so most vampire hunters don't have it with them"

Stiles withheld a roar of rage. He freaking hoped that the pack where not responsible for this or....!

Well he wasn't sure what he'd do but he had a feeling it wouldn't be very good.

They waited for fifteen minutes and Stiles anger didn't diminish only built over time. Anger was better than the mind numbing grief he'd feel if he thought about the dead to much.

He was clenching his teeth and hands flexing, as if imagining strangling something, he wasn't sure who, just someone to release his anger on to. 

They slowly walked back to the nest and stopped, listening for any movement or sign that the hunters where still there, there was nothing. 

Stiles didn't wait, running in as soon as he was sure they where gone but before he had a proper look Hunter was in front of him. 

"I don't think you want to see this"

Stiles ignored him, pushing forward.

He recoiled away from what he saw...the best method for killing vampires was beheading.

The hunters had taken no risks that they'd survived the gas. 

Everyone was... 

He didn't know them all but he could see some familiar faces and despite not knowing many, he still felt connected to them, they where part of his nest! His instincts cried out, crying out in sadness and anger but most of all it was filling him with the need to destroy the ones responsible for this. 

Stiles saw the way Hunters eyes darkened he knew he was feeling the same thing. 

Slowly the smell hit him, the rotting smell of dead vampires, making him gag. 

"I told you not to look kid" Hunter murmured. 

Stiles didn't reply, staring at the dead. 

His hands clenched into fists, his nails digging into his skin, his knuckles started to hurt.

He didn't look in their direction, to afraid too..

"Do you really think they were responsible for this?" He asked, voice strained. 

Hunter said grimly "Only one way to find out" 

"Stiles! Hunter!" 

They both turned as a familiar face ran in. 

Helena

Stiles let out a breath as he saw her, recognising her. He didn't talk to her that much but maybe if she was alive then...? But his hopes where crushed as she hugged both of them. .

"Their dead" She choked out "They're all dead" 

He knew who she was talking about. 

Harry, Angelus, Tyler... they where all... 

"What about Natalie. Did she get out?" Hunter demanded. 

Helena nodded as she said "I saw her escape before the gas got to her but I haven't seen her since" 

Hunter relaxed a little then. 

"The nest isn't completely dead then, as long as we have our leader then... we can start over" 

Helena didn't reply, Stiles could tell it was taking everything in her not to break down. 

They both looked to the oldest experienced vampire here on instinct. He'd know what to do, right? 

"Natalie will catch up with us when she wants to. Our scents should be easy to follow, for now..." He paused looking at Stiles before he carried on, his tone colder "For now lets find out if your pack was involved" 

Stiles agreed. 

He hoped for their sakes they weren't...

Hi! So sorry about the wait again, I was locked out for some odd reason, then I was feeling ill again and not feeling up to writing any more, still not sure what's coursing it all, I've had some blood tests and apparently I have incredibly low Vitamin D so I'm on some tablets, I'm not as achy any more which is good but still got some other problems  I'm hopefully going to figure out whats wrong. 

Anyway hope you are all well and hope you've had a good couple of months! Unfortunately until I feel better I won't update to much, its a bit hard to focus on a story when for some reason random aches happen in my stomach and legs, sometimes odd pin pricks of pain like my nerves might be acting up? and feeling a strange constant digging pressure on my abdomen, its so odd, anyway I will try and keep it regular.