Worthy Defeat

It hit in him square in the face and he flew backwards into the crowd who softened the blow and helped him back up.

What the hell?

He hadn't even seen the kick coming.

Hunter chuckled "That isn't all you've got is it?"

"It's not" Stiles growled. It would not be made a fool in front of everyone!

He lunged, letting his new instincts guide him.

Don't think!

Just react!

He managed to avoid another high kick aimed at his head however while he tried to make a grab for Hunters throat, he couldn't avoid the hand that grabbed him by the hair and pulled with incredibly strength.

Stiles hissed in pain. His hands automatically going to try and get Hunters hands away from his hair.

It left him defenceless against a knee to the face.

Stiles collapsed, spitting out blood.

"What is it with you and aiming for my face!?" He snapped.

Hunter shrugged lazily as he said "I could aim for other areas if you like?"

As soon as he finished talking Hunters foot came in contact with Stiles stomach, knocking the breath out of him.

Stiles cursed, gritting his teeth against the pain.

How was this guy so quick on his feet? He knew everyone here had supernatural speed and strength, able to outclass werewolves with ease but this seemed on another level.

He tried to stand up and barely managed to dodge a fist aimed at his face yet at the same time Stiles eyes widened in surprise as Hunter moved in close, another kick hooked underneath Stiles legs, sending him flying and then his shirt was grabbed and he was pushed to the ground.

Without hesitation his legs were pinned by Hunters weight and hunter grabbed both of Stiles wrists with both hands and stopped their movement, crushing down on them until Stiles felt something snap and he cried out in pain.

He was helpless.

He had lost.

"You give up?" Hunter asked, his voice sounding more calm than victorious or challenging like it had been.

Stiles nodded and Hunter was of him in a heartbeat. Then to Stiles surprise the vampire even grabbed his arm, careful to avoid his wrist and pulled him up with one arm, with complete ease.

"There you go kid" He said as he steadied Stiles a little as Stiles almost lost his footing with how suddenly he was on his feet again.

Stiles watched as his wrists fixed themselves, thinking over the fight.

"So, how did I do?" He asked Hunter.

The vampire blinked at him "You know, usually when someone gets their ass kicked they don't ask for feedback"

"It wasn't a real fight. It was just sparring. You weren't going to seriously damage me, well not what would be serious damage in vampire standards anyway" Stiles said.

He hadn't wanted to lose but he wasn't shocked it had gone this way. He was a new vampire after all and this guy could be....

Wait...

Stiles narrowed his eyes slightly at Hunter as he asked "How old are you?"

If he'd been defeated by someone that was sort of new to being a vampire then he wouldn't be that happy about it-

Hunter smirked as he replied "You know it's rude to ask a vampire how old they are"

Stiles huffed "I figured but I-"

"I'm around four thousand, give or take a hundred years, kid" Hunter chuckled.

Stiles didn't hide the way his mouth hit the floor.

I don't have time to reply to comments on my last chapter so I'll do so later on. Anyway hope you enjoy! :D