"Why Shouldn't I Kill You?"

Twenty Minutes Earlier.

The gas enveloped the group. Derek had no time to think about it however, before he could he found himself shoved into a huge tree, with such force that the tree creaked and shuddered as if any minute it would snap. 

He could barely breathe. 

Hands around his neck, an iron grip, squeezing his windpipe. 

"Stiles" He wheezed. 

But he noticed right away it wasn't exactly Stiles he was looking at or it was but one who had completely given into his supernatural instincts, like before. 

The pure rage and darkness in Stiles expression made Derek's heart stutter in dread and he desperately tried to squash down his fear. 

The young vampire spoke but his voice was completely different, warped with fury and blood lust but not the usual hunger kind. 

"Call of your pack wolf and tell me where the hunters are!

Derek realised they where out of the gas, thats the reason why Stiles was not effected, he'd lunged at Derek as soon as he'd seen the gas, without really noticing it his lunge had got him and Derek out of the gas's area, it didn't spread that far, thats one of the weakness of such a small device. 

"I-If I do that, you'll kill me" The werewolf choked out. 

It was not under any illusion that any feelings of regret or apprehension or even humanity where still there, he could tell just by looking to Stiles dark red eyes.

If there had been he would likely have thought about refusing the question or more like demand about the hunters. But he knew straight away that his life was in danger and his packs lives. He couldn't stop himself, he was the alpha, he had to prioritise them rather than think about the humans the vampires could be killing without the hunters to destroy them. He was the alpha and his werewolf instincts would not allow him to priorities these possible human deaths over his and his packs that now felt far more likely. 

Just treat him like you would any other vampire, thats how you'll get out of this alive Derek thought hurriedly to himself. 

Yet...yet as he stared at Stiles, he couldn't help the doubt creep in. He at least had to try, even if it got him nowhere, if it did he still knew something that would make sure the vampire didn't kill him and he was sure that would work. 

"S-stiles, you..you still remember me, don't you?" Derek gasped out, still struggling to breathe and speak. 

Stiles eyes narrowed, his hands tightened on Dereks air supply, for a couple of seconds Derek couldn't breathe, pure panic shot up inside him then to his relief Stiles let him go, kneeling to Derek's hight, who'd fell on to the group, rubbing his neck, sucking in gasps of air. 

"Why wouldn't I remember you Derek?" 

His eyes widened in shock but also at the coldness in Stiles voice. 

"If you remember, then why do I get still get the feeling that you'll kill me as soon as I call the pack of and tell you where the hunters are?" 

Stiles smiled at that but there was no warmth, though despite the fury and blood lust in his eyes,  Stiles body language became calmer, a deathly calm. It scared Derek more than the fury. 

"You almost destroyed my entire nest, why shouldn't I kill you?" 

Derek forced  himself to look Stiles in the eyes, forcing himself to stare into the blood lust and fury, to look past all of it. 

He had no choice. But it was strange, at first he spoke, he only spoke trying to safe his own life but when the words left his mouth he knew it was true.

"Because you mean a lot to me Stiles...m-more than you could ever believe and whether you want to admit it or not, I mean a lot to you as well!" 

They stared into each others eyes for what seemed like ages but it really it was only seconds.

Stiles then huffed out a chuckle. 

Derek watched him warily, muscles tensing for whatever was to come. If he lived he'd think about what he'd said, what he'd truly felt in his chest as he said it, what he'd really meant later. 

"You know you're good a talking yourself out of sticky situations wolf, I'll have to give you that one" Stiles waggled his finger at Derek as spoke, as if he was telling him off for it? 

He stood up, looking down at Derek, who not liking the idea of possibly dying on the ground, stood up as well, his knees feeling a little shaky. 

"So... you'll let me live? If I tell you where the hunters are and stop my pack from doing anything?" Mainly Isaac Derek thought.

Hopefully his pack had convinced Isaac not to kill the defenceless vampires in the gas yet, they all should have seen Stiles lunge at Derek and get out of the mist, they where likely making sure the vampires where completely out of it before they followed him, maybe wanting to use them as hostages but he knew that wouldn't work. 

Stiles smiled darkly, he stepped into Dereks personal space. 

His hand cupped Dereks face, the werewolf could do nothing to stop him, he could only hear both of their breathing in the silence. 

Stiles looked deep into Dereks eyes as he said "Yeah, I'll let you live" 

But...but there was something in Stiles tone that Derek could not place. 

Something that left shivers down his spine.