Drying Tears

Stiles groaned. He didn't realise a vampires body could ache so much. Hunter had told him as long as he had enough human blood inside of him then he should be able to build up is strength just like human could with entailed a lot of muscle pain.

However he had also said that unlike humans their bodies would still stay the same, so the strength they'd gain would be there but you just wouldn't be able to see it, which Stiles thought was a shame, he'd looked forward to looking more buff in the future so now because of vampirism that wouldn't happen.

Turning into a vampire had changed him physically he was definitely more attractive and musclier how ever it was disappointing to know he couldn't improve on the way he looked now.

Mind you Stiles thought learning how to fight would help him defend himself better, it wasn't about how he looked. Those vane thoughts were useless to him.

"Hey! Did I say you could rest?" Hunter snapped.

"No" Stiles sighed, regretfully getting to his feet.

Like always it ended with Stiles on the floor once more however...

"You're getting better, you were able to dodge me more than normal. If you keep that up for a while I'll start showing you how to attack properly" Hunter said calmly.

With that and no words to say the sparring session had ended Hunter left Stiles on the ground, wondering how he got himself into this situation.

"Hey Stiles!"

He startled as a bright face appeared over him, leaning in to close for comfort.

He relaxed once he recognised who it was.

"Violet, don't scare me like that"

"I'm sorry" She giggled not sounding sorry at all.

Stiles sat upwards as he asked feeling more tired than usual all of a sudden "Why are you here?"

Violet jumped up and down happily as she said "I just came here to say thank you! My new role sounds promising!"

Stiles smiled as he replied "I'm glad you think so"

She got in his face, peering at him curiously "What made you choose it? Mmm?"

"Well, you seemed so good with me. You really made me feel like I could trust you so I thought the best role would be for you to look after newbies like Harry"

Violet beamed at him.

"I can't wait for us to get a new family member and see how I'll do!"

Stiles chuckled at that, her attitude always seemed to loosen him up.

He'd been with the nest a week so far and everything seemed to be going so well. He'd made friends, he'd made a family.

The training hurt but it would all be worth it in the end.

He didn't see much of Natalie. She always seemed to be with other people, not that he minded, he did find her a little creepy now and again.

One of the only problems was his control. He had snapped suddenly about five times since the first time and had killed around twelve other humans in that time.

He had cried a few times because of it once he was back to his senses.

Harry had tried to comfort him.

"Don't worry, it gets easier with time"

And Stiles hated how Harry was right.

His own guilt over it lessoned with every lapse in control, including his cries.

And over the week after he lost control he could only manage a few tears for the dead.

They dried up soon after that.