A Defeat Yet A Victory

Stiles let out a breath of relief, at least this wasn't a humiliating defeat. If he was that old Hunter must have a lot of combat experience, much more then himself.

Hunter added, sounding more friendly "I was turned when I was around 23 years old" He chuckled "Most newbies who haven't gotten the ages in vampires yet always seem to think I'm a young vampire"

"I take it you like proving them wrong" Stiles muttered.

Hunters eyes glittered as he said "Indeed"

Stiles moved his wrists around to check to see if they were okay, he still wasn't used to their super healing.

Hunter turned around, about to walk away "It was good fight for a newbie kid"

An idea sparked in Stiles head and he looked at Hunter hungrily but not out of blood lust.

"Wait!"

Hunter looked back at him curiously.

"Teach me" Stiles blurted out.

Whispers started up around them, shock and interest in Hunters response.

Hunter barked a laugh of surprise and amusement "I don't teach kids"

Stiles slipped back into a fighting stance "Then I'll prove to you that I'm no kid"

Surprise escaped the older vampire's face only to be replaced with skeptical amusement "You serious?"

Stiles didn't reply, just waiting.

Despite the fact he was ready and waiting he still couldn't dodge the kick that was sent into his side with sudden speed and strength.

Due to the force Stiles couldn't stop himself from falling over however he stood straight back up again, ignoring the pain and going into his usual fighting stance.

"Teach me" He said.

Hunter reacted by grabbing the back of his head and forcing him to the ground. Still Stiles got back up once Hunter had thought he'd beaten Stiles enough.

"Teach me"

Kick to the stomach.

"Teach me"

Punch to the head.

"Teach me"

Physically thrown to the floor.

"Teach me"

Stiles wasn't sure how long it lasted. It felt like forever and his whole body ached. He knew if he was still human he might be dead or at least covered head to toe in bruises with multiple broken bones.

The crowd had dispersed now. Mainly getting bored of the constant beating.

Some had said "It's no fun when it's so one sided"

But they were wrong because Stiles was fighting back, however not in the way Hunter wanted.

"Teach me"

The older vampire was finally getting frustrated.

"Come on now, don't me stupid. I don't want to seriously injure you"

Stiles was on the ground and Hunter loomed over him.

"Seriously though if you don't give I'll bite you. That's the only way vampires can leave scars on another vampire and it hurts like hell"

Stiles stiffened a little but he looked up at Hunter defiantly and held out his hand and giving a shaky smile "But you don't want to do that, so why don't you teach me instead?"

Instead Hunter grabbed Stiles wrist and brought it close to his mouth.

"I'm warning you kid!" He growled.

Stiles gritted his teeth and met Hunters eyes steadily "I'm not a kid"

There was a few seconds where the atmosphere felt so intense Stiles found it difficult to breath.

Waiting for the bite.

He was sure when Hunter said it would feel like hell he meant it.

But then...

Suddenly Hunter let out a laugh and dropped his wrist.

"Seems like you aren't a kid after all Stiles" Then he stood from his crouching position and walked away.

As simple as that.

But Stiles knew what it really meant.

Excitement and victory built inside his chest.

He grinned happily.

So the defeats were worth it after all.

He had won.

I don't have time to reply to comments on my last chapter so I'll do so later on. Anyway hope you enjoy! :D