Unexpected

"Now that's out of the way I have a early gift for you. Well more like early dinner"

She turned to the humans chained up.

Stiles knew what was going on as soon as she'd spoken those words.

Was it wrong that now every time someone mentioned food, his mind would automatically go to humans?

He hated how his mouth started watering at the very thought of it.

He hated how he wanted it.

But then this was what joining the nest was for, wasn't it? Learning how to live like an actual vampire?

But this was exactly what the pack we're trying to keep him from doing, feeding on humans!

He hesitated.

But he had better control now, didn't he? Couldn't he drink without killing them? He wasn't sure and there was no hunter or werewolf to stop him if he went to far.

He glanced at Natalie.

In fact he was sure that these other vampires would-

Suddenly the front door burst open.

A couple of angry vampire walked inside. One of the older guys that looked around the same age as Natalie, he seemed familer as he locked eyes with her.

The air became very tense.

The familer looking vampire growled "There's a pack close to our territory, they're demanding they talk to your fledgling"

His gaze softened as he looked at Stiles.  "They won't leave until you tell them too. One of them seemed to be insisting you'd been kidnapped"

Stiles stopped himself from groaning.

He definitely had a guess at which werewolf that had been.

Natalie grin turned into a full on smirk as she looked at Stiles "If you want to prove your loyalty to us, now here's yours chance"

Violet suddenly seemed to pop up from no where.

"I'll come! I'll stop them if they try anything stupid"

Another girl that was a couple of years younger and a boy around the same age as him walked up behind Violet.

Despite being younger the girl looked at Violet like she was the younger as she said "I think I'll tag a long to keep this one out of trouble"

Violet pouted "Hey!"

The boy with them sniggered "Same here"

The younger girl then laughed a little as she looked at Stiles expression "Oh! Where are my manners? Welcome newbie! I'm Elisabeth and this big lump over here is Arthur"

Arthur wasn't that tall however he made up for it with his brawn. His shoulders were particular broad and it seems like he'd wouldn't be able to get through some smaller doors because of how freaking broad he was.

Stiles would have felt like cowering under his gaze if his smile wasn't so warm and friendly which was very unexpected.

Natalie nodded at the three other vampires who'd offered to go with Stiles to meet the pack.

"Very well"

Her smirk suddenly seemed to lose its sharp edges replaced with something different that Stiles didn't have time to process what exactly was so different until she continued to speak.

"Make sure you bring him back safely"

Violet gave a playful salute "Right Ma'am"

Stiles watched their interactions with a small smile on his face.

Maybe he could fit in here after all?

However...

Stiles turned towards the front door grimly.

First he had to confront the pack and make it clear who he's chosen and that it was of his own free will.

He wouldn't run.

He wouldn't be a coward again.