Confusing cake ( p a r t 4)

"Mom?"

Surely Soojung herself is surprise by her mother's sudden visit.

"Why didn't you tell me that you're coming for a visit?"

"I didn't want to make you sadder. I heard what happened from Namjoon's mother. Are you alright?"

"I am alright, mom. I am already a grown up."

Soojung's mother is an elder woman who have love her sole daughter very much. Hearing that they got together surely surprise her.

She was sitting calmly at her seat. Her daughter, Soojung informs that she was coming for a visit. Which she felt excited with that and cook her daughter's favourite food. Her sole daughter is studying medical which is elected as intellectual by many.

The whole family was more than proud for her.

A honk is heard and she went outside to be greet by a strange black car. She peeks here and there to see the driver nor the passenger.

"Mom!"

Her lovely daughter got out from the passenger seat. Instantly she grew even more curious of the driver seat.

"Who's that?"

"Oh, mom..."

The lad was taller than her daughter a few feet. Surely both of their heights were pretty obvious.

"This is my boyfriend, Kim Namjoon."

The latter bow down to her as an act of respect. She smiles softly though she feel uneasy by his presence.

"Yes, yes. Please, come in."

Even though so, she shake the bits of feelings and welcome both of them inside.

After a hearty lunch, she finally starts to ask questions.

"So, Namjoon. What major are you in?"

"I'm in law major, aunty."

"Ah... a lawyer. How can a doctor be with a lawyer?"

She looks at both of them who chuckles.

"Its a pretty long story."

"Well... I got a whole day empty."

However it was true that she does have the whole day empty specially for her daughter (probably her boyfriend too)

"It started at campus. The buildings between law and medical weren't far and Namjoon somehow got lost..."

She saw how her daughter was teasing her boyfriend earning a protest look.

"Surely, all the buildings look the same."

"Right... I was late for classes and somehow Namjoon bumps into me. He notice that I've been there for quite some time and wanted some help with directions. I did get a scold from the professor."

"But you didn't blame me."

"Who would? You look like a lost puppy."

Both of them chuckles, reminiscing back to the day they met.

"But, I asked Soojung for a coffee. It was as a thanks for helping me on my first day."

Soojung playfully rolls her eyes.

"Thanks, huh?"

"Yup, thanks. We both exchange numbers afterwards."

"Oh, yeah! Remember the excuse you used?"

Both of them share an eye contact. Then they burst into laughter.

"Mom, he said "i probably need your number since i'm new and all. plus i do need your help and all." "

"Isn't you and him a different major?"

"That's the funny part."

They chuckles. But more than that, Soojung's mother was glad she would finally meet the one that would made her daughter laughs hard.

"I'm sorry for what happen, honey. You and Namjoon... surely need to be strong."

"Mom, its not a big deal."

Soojung's mother caress her daughter's hair.

"Of course, you would say that. When one of you have to study afar, long distance relationship is hard."

"Long distance? Mom, we're learning in the same campus."

Her mother chuckles.

"Aigoo... you forgetful one! Namjoon broke up with you because he have to study abroad right?"

"Study abroad? Who told you that?"

"Namjoon's mother. She told me about you guys and we both were very sad that we couldn't be parent-in-laws. I mean... she's a cool woman and all."

"Mom! What did she told you?"

"Namjoon's mother told me that Namjoon got offered to study abroad."