Confusing cake (p a r t 7)

Both of them sit together at the cafe, enjoying light delicacies. "So, you're a lawyer for a big company, huh? You definitely shot big." Namjoon scratched his nape, flattered by the lady's comment.

"What about you? A neurologist? Ya, we should get a full on celebration. This is a huge deal." Soojung shook her head as she chuckling.

"And... you got yourself a fiancé. Congratulations, Soojung."

Soojung smiles as she looks at her ring. Its diamond couldn't help but to boast around with it sparkling essence.

"Did your fiancé came along?" Namjoon asks, earning a light shake. "He's busy, he's a politician." Soojung answered.

"Oh. That's good. How did the two of you met?"

"Well... we just went to a date together and we sorta click, what about you? Any family?"

"Kim Ara." Namjoon smiles when the name rolls from his tongue.

"Oh, a wife?" Namjoon shakes his head. "My daughter. It's a really funny story but I did an one night stand." Soojung fake surprise earning light chuckling from the two.

"Really?"

"Yeah... her mom left me with her as soon as she is brought to the world. Since then, she became the light of my life."

"Kim Ara? How old is she?"

"Five." Namjoon shows five fingers to Soojung. "You should see her, you'll love her. The energy she has was just..." Soojung smiles when she see how Namjoon talks about his daughter. The voice portrayed such love and care.

"But anyway, Ara is at my professor's house. When she was young, I used to bring her to my one to one meet with my professor. They both grew fond of each other."

"Ah, that's a pity. How about tomorrow? Can I meet her?" Namjoon paused for a moment before nodding his head.

"We're free after dinner. You should come by." And so, their meeting ended with a parting and an exchange of their address.

As promise, the next evening, Soojung is already on the floor playing pat-a-cake with Ara. As Namjoon said yesterday, she is full of energy and a ball of happiness. She rarely dwells on to a sadness too long and would laugh or smile just a second later.

"Ara-ah, go and clean up your toys. It's your bed time."

"Alright, dad." When Ara is busy cleaning, Soojung helps Namjoon with his dishes.

"Does her mother come here often?" Namjoon shakes her head. "Gone like the wind. Last I checked, she's dating some business man." Soojung nods her head. "Are you going back to Korea soon?"

"I have plans. Plus, my parents haven't meet Ara."

"YA!" Soojung looks at Namjoon with surprise. "How can you hide Ara from them?"

"Hide? Eh, no! I meant that my parents haven't see Ara in a flesh, they always video call, you know." Soojung blush from embarrassment. "Aish, you should've told me sooner." Namjoon chuckles seeing her blush.

"Are you busy tomorrow? Since you have live at Paris for sometime, maybe you can show me the way around. Just me, my friends have different plans." Namjoon thinks for a second. "That's a good idea, I haven't bring Ara to a proper hangout recently. Let's go tomorrow for the whole day. We'll have breakfast at me and Ara's favourite, you'll love there, the pancake is really fluffy."

"Really?" Soojung asks in disbelieve. "Yes, the pancake's are like this..." Namjoon parts his forefinger and his thumb. "That's heavenly." Namjoon nods his head, eagerly. "After that, maybe we should take a walk at the boulevard?"

"How about we play dart at the train station?" Namjoon's eyes lights up. "That's right! We used to do that at Seoul. Our hangout is going to be so exciting moreover now that you're here."

"Of course, I'm so excited now."

Both of them have smiles plaster on their face.