Confusing Cake ( p a r t 5)

Soojung heaves out a sigh of restlessness. After her mother left the dorm, she quickly rush to go to Namjoon's dorm.

Now she is in front of his dorm and could feel the nervous sweat break and made her feel hopeless for awhile.

She inhales and exhales. Finally she knocks onto the door.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

Still no one opens up.

Fourth's a lucky charm?

Wrong.

Hardly, even Seokjin come to open the door. She bites her lips and look at the door, trying to de-code some sort of magic gizmos to get her inside.

"Both of them aren't inside."

"I'm sorry?"

Soojung looks at the man. She knew him. He's the 005 resident.

"Namjoon's out of town and apparently Seokjin is out on a date."

She lets out a sigh.

"If you want, I can relay your message to them."

She shook her head.

"No thanks."

She quickly leaves the place.

Namjoon looks at the outside in a longing manner. He knew that deep inside, he still misses that cute shorty who always support and cheer him up.

What you did is wrong. Please, let's talk about this. -soojung😍

He held his phone and swipe in to still see the same old wallpaper of him and Soojung holding hands on their ice-cream date.

He wasn't a certified photographer but Namjoon enjoy taking pictures of memories. Soojung always been forced to be his 'muse'.

"Yah! Have you taken the picture or not?"

The short muse has run out of patience. She already broke character and start playing around with her pose instead. Knowing that it pisses Namjoon.

"I was about to till you moved!"

Soojung giggles with Namjoon's tantrum.

"Of course! Of course!"

Soojung lays her face on her palm, making her calm expression till Namjoon finally push the button.

"Done!"

"Well that took you long!"

Namjoon chuckles as he scratch the back of his head. Feeling quite guilty for letting his girlfriend pose under the sun for his photograph 'satisfaction'.

"But it looks great so its worth it!"

Namjoon smiles showing his pearly white teeth.

"Should we?"

"We should."

Namjoon went back to the dorm after discussing about his plan with his father. It was a way in the family to finalise the plan with the man of the family. But his father's last words stunned him.

"Talk to Soojung before you leave. Quite rude of you to break a girl's heart moreover the girl of your dreams."

He decided on packing first before texting Soojung to meet at the gardens. When suddenly, he hears a knock. He opens up the door, quite surprise with her sudden visit.

"I was about to call you."

"I know."

Namjoon steps aside, letting the girl comes inside.

"I know that we should t-"

"I'll help you pack."

"N..no!"

Soojung looks at Namjoon in the eye.

"Its the least I could do for a leaving friend."

Soojung smiles as she takes his clothes and start folding them.

"Soojung..."

"You know as much as I do that I wouldn't obligated to send you to the airport. Instead I would be proud that you get the chance to study overseas."

"I know, I'm sorry."

Soojung continues on folding the clothes and putting them inside the cardboard box when Namjoon stops her motions.

"Look, I want to tell you why."

Soojung looks at Namjoon, prepare to hear the reason.

"I am a selfish man. And that's what I am good at."

Namjoon looks at the ground. Couldn't restrain the guilt of his wrongdoings to the woman of his dreams.

"I love you and I will always do."