Bouquet of Dandelions (p a r t 7)

"Jungkook-a, when are you going to get marry?" 

Jungkook stops eating immediately when he hears that question. He knew for sure that Jieun must've asked his mother to butt in. Then, he continues on eating. 

"Omo, are you ignoring your mom now?" Mrs. Jeon glares at her son who looks at her. "Mum, can we drop the topic now? I'm tired, I'll sleep first." Jungkook quickly finish the food then puts the utensils inside the sink. 

His mother just shook her head seeing her son's behaviour but inside, her little heart was hurting. What have she done? Her usual sunshine has lost its glow, and its all her fault.

"What's with the glum face?" Mr. Jeon asks as he sets his bag down. Mr. Jeon just got back from work, that's why he couldn't join Jungkook for dinner. Mrs. Jeon looks at her husband before sighing. "It's because of our son. Our son is leading a very difficult life." 

"Why? He has a pretty fiancée who came from a good background, a dream job and supportive parents. If anything, he should be grateful instead." Mrs. Jeon glares at her husband. 

"You don't see it, don't you? Your son is hurting so much right now, that he grew with it. And to think that he did it because of us. We should be ashamed of ourselves right now." 

"Then, what do you expect me to do? He's already engaged. And plus, he already a waist deep inside the company. I don't think the Lees are going to let him go just like that." 

Jungkook of course, heard their conversation and sighs. He looks at the picture frame on his hands. "I miss you so much." He whispers to the picture of him and Yein laughing without knowing that their picture is taken. 

Yein press the wet tissue at her tired eyes. "I read that pressing something cold on your eyes would make it fresh." 

"Are you that desperate to work overnight shifts?" Yein giggles to Namjoo's question. "You do know that Nurse Ha and Nurse Yang took another break. I have to cover up for them." 

"All you do is saving other people's ass. Start thinking about yourself for starters Yein, it has been long since I last saw you go home." 

"Don't exaggerate, I just went home last week. Anyway, this is the file of the girl at 707. Ask Dr. Jang to inspect her." 

"Yes, ma'am!" Yein smiles to Namjoo before going to the vending machine. Yein is about to choose her drink when a memory flashes into her mind. 

"No, Jungkook! Give me the drink!" Jungkook's arm stretches higher and higher. Yein keep on reaching and reaching for it. "I hate you." Jungkook chuckles and decided to hug her. Still not giving her drink.

"Ya! Give me my-" Jungkook tilt his head down seeing her face. "Cute. You're so cute!" Jungkook pecks her lips several times making her giggle at her love-struck boyfriend.

Yein smiles at the memory. Recently she has been dreaming of them lately. The old them. Is it really impossible to move on from him? He was going to get married, she shouldn't keep on clinging on to their memories. 

"Nurse Jung! There has been a terrible accident and Doctor Kang is requesting for your assistance." Nurse Seo said in a hurry making Yein surprise. "Yes, I'll head there now." 

The emergency unit is in a hectic. The accident happened involve a conglomerate's wife so the life involve were important. Yein immediately scrubs her hand and proceed to checks out everything on the list for the surgery. 

Doctor Kang Sora, a good friend of Yein nods her head towards her. They were ready to start the surgery. 

The patient has a head injury and they needed to remove the glass shreds at her abdomen. "Other than that, we need to further monitor her conditions. I'm afraid that the head injury will cause an internal problem." Yein jots down the notes Doctor Kang was saying after the surgery. "You don't mind in assisting  me with this patient, don't you Nurse Jung?" Yein shook her head. "Not at all." 

Doctor Kang's eyes shifted to the family at the waiting room. "Ah, it's the patient's family. We should tell them about the patient then you can brief about the patient to them." 

But when they reach to the family, Yein find herself trembling. "How is my wife, doctor?" 

"Your wife is fine, Mr. Lee."