Chapter 14

"He asked you out? James Devon actually asked you out?-" Before Amelia could continue Ella's voice chimed in.

"Oh my God you are so lucky... I want attractive older boys to ask me out!" She said with a sigh. Me and Amelia turned our heads to look at her, we raised eyebrows in unison. "What?" She said sharply. I just shook my head and looked away. Wow girls can be so desperate sometimes.

It was lunch time now and Ella, Amelia and I had been having this discussion about James asking me out rather loudly in the lunch line at the canteen.

"You guys it isn't a big deal, I said no anyway!" I pleaded.

"What?" Amelia butted in loudly. "You get asked out by one of the hottest guys in school and you say no. Are you blind or something?" She yelled. People were starting to look at us now. Oh God this is so embarrassing. She thrust her hand towards my face and held up three fingers. "How many fingers am I holding up?" she asked plainly.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused.

"Just answer the question Francesca!" She replied curtly.

"Three. Three fingers." I said.

"Oh so you're not blind then. What it is it then?" She said abruptly.

"What?" I asked, feeling more confused by the minute.

"Why did you say no to James?" She asked raising her voice. Even more people started to look over at us. Shit I just want to disappear.

"Oh why don't you say that a bit louder, I think there was somebody two floors above us who didn't quite hear you!" I hissed angrily.

"Fran..." She began, lowering her voice. "What's going on?" Her tone was much softer now.

I decided to just come out and tell her the truth. "I like Ethan , OK." I said, almost in a whisper. Amelia's jaw had dropped and she stared at me.

"Shut your mouth honey, flies might go in!" I said tapping her chin, she shook her head at me and giggled.

"I knew you liked him!" Amelia said confidently as she grabbed an apple from one of the fruit bowls.

"I swear to God everybody seemed to know before I did, I mean I only realised a few days ago." I said giggling.

"Well honey you always were a bit slow weren't you." Ella chuckled before shooting me a wink. I shook my head and ignored her.

We didn't say anything else as we grabbed our food, paid for it and made our way over to where Paige and Lily were sat waiting for us. As we reached them my jaw dropped like Amelia's had a few minutes ago: sat on our table next to Paige was none other than Ethan Beadle. Crap crap crap.

A sharp tap on my shoulder drew my attention to my left and Amelia winked at me, I felt my cheeks heat up immediately and I inwardly cursed.

Amelia and Ella had sat down next to Lily leaving the only spare seat next to Ethan. As I put my bag down next to him he looked up at me and smirked. I rolled my eyes and sat down. Ethan turned in his seat so he was now fully facing me, I glanced to my left and shot him a quizzical look, he chuckled slightly before speaking.

"So Fran, I was just telling Paige that I'm having a few people over to hang out tonight, you interested?" He asked.

"I-" Before I could even speak he interrupted me.

"I thought we could just watch a load of movies or something?" He said.

"Yeah-"

"Paige will be there with Darren if that makes you feel any better." He said winking.

"Um-" 

"Oh come on love just say yes already." He said with his lips curving upwards like he wanted to laugh.

"I would if you gave me a chance!" I said laughing.

"Great so Darren will pick you guys up from yours at about 7:00!"He said happily before picking up my apple and taking a bite out of it. "See you later gorgeous." He said over his shoulder as he strolled away.

I watched him as he walked away before turning around to face the others. "He's rather arrogant isn't he!" I said sighing.

"He is but you've gotta admit, girls love that on a guy!" Paige said before we all erupted into giggles.