Chapter 45

It was Friday. I was sat in Chemistry staring blankly at the wall in front of me as my teacher rambled on about atoms,or was it protons? I brought my hand up to rest my jaw on and my head lolled to the side lazily.

My eyes glanced to wall next to me and I watched the hands tick around the clock. Two more minutes. Two more minutes until I escape this hell. Two more minutes until I can finally be free of this prison.

"Miss Watson are you listening to me?" My teacher snapped at me, causing me to start and shift in my seat.

"Uhh.." I stuttered as I tried to buy some time to form a coherent answer.

"I thought not. We still have a minute left of this lesson so pay attention!" She snapped. I nodded my head sheepishly and glued my eyes to the white board at the front of the room. The final minute of the lesson dragged on painfully slow and then finally the shrill ring of the bell sounded throughout the classroom and in a flash I rose from my seat, collected my bag and ran out the door.

"She hates me I swear!" I hissed at Paige and Lilly as they causally strolled out of the classroom after me.

"She doesn't hate you... she just dislikes you strongly." Paige giggled and I shook my head.

"FRAN!" Amelia screamed as she came running up to me from ahead of us, she threw her arms around me and hugged me tightly.

"Amelia?" I giggled as I prized her arms off of me.

"Oh my god... Oh my god... Oh my god do you realise that in just over 24 hours we're going to be seeing The Braid live!" She screamed excitedly.

"Oh my god I know!" I returned with as much excitement and I heard Lilly squeal next to me. The four of us jumped around like excited puppies, earning us weird glances from people passing by but we didn't care.

Every year our town puts on a charity concert and each year a different act is chosen to play. This year The Braid were playing - a local band slowly climbing the ladder to fame. We had luckily bought ourselves tickets before they sold out about two months ago. The Braid were my all time favourite band; I had fallen head over heels in love with them since the moment I first saw them on Youtube and I had quickly fallen into a deep obsession with them as had Paige and the others.

Paige jumped around excitedly next to me and gripped my arm tightly. "I want us to try and get front row!" She shrieked and we all nodded our heads enthusiastically in agreement.

"Now Paige are you sure that's a good idea in your condition?" I asked jokingly with a raised eyebrow.

"Well my child is going to have to learn to live with my obsession with The Braid so why not start now."  Paige responded without thinking, she immediately realised her mistake and slapped a hand over her mouth.

"YOU'RE PREGNANT!?" Lilly shrieked just as everything around us went silent. Paige's eyes widened as did those of our fellow students.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry." Lilly gasped as she realised that everyone had heard her.

Every single pair of eyes was on us and for a moment everything was silent. I could see that Paige has began to pale so I took her by the hand and lead her away from everyone. Amelia and Lilly soon followed after us as we weaved our way through the hoards of people.

"What a slut!"

"It was only a while before she'd get herself knocked up!"

"She's such a whore!"

"Why would somebody even wanna fuck her?"

"I bet she's slept around with every guy in school."

Vicious comments flew at us from every angle and I clenched my fists in anger and the brutality of the people who were supposed to be her friends. I heard Paige snivel loudly next to me as we rushed towards the school gates and I put a comforting arm around her.

"Shh shh Paige please don't listen to them." I cooed but she just shook her head dismally.

"But they're right though!" She cried.

"No they're not." I said calmly.

"They are." She sighed.

"They're not. Don't fight me on this Paige." I said firmly. She looked at me with tear clouded eyes and I pulled her forwards into a hug. "Yes you've made a mistake. Yes you're pregnant at sixteen. Yes this wasn't planned but that doesn't make you a slut, it doesn't make you a whore and it doesn't make you a bad person so please don't let anybody make you feel bad about yourself.

"You're doing such an incredible thing Paige. You're bringing life into this world, you're gunna have a little baby and you are going to love it more than anything else; you don't need to worry about what everyone else thinks, you just need to focus on being the best mum you can be." I said gently and pulled back to smile at her. She exhaled deeply and nodded her head.

"Ok." She whispered.

~~~~~

A/N. If some of you have previously read this pre-editing you will remember that the band I originally wrote into this were actually 5 Seconds Of Summer however I have decided to rewrite with a fictional group instead because after much thought I decided the original was unrealistic and just downright cheesy. 

By the way if you're reading this right now thank you for sticking with this story this far. Bless you x