Chapter 33

Dan came home later that day and refused to speak to me, in fact he couldn't even look at me.

Two days passed and he was still ignoring me.

It was now Monday morning and after going about my usual morning routine of getting ready I traipsed downstairs and out to the kitchen where I walked in to find Dan and my father.

"Morning." I said quietly; to an outsider I would have appeared to just be tired but inside I felt as bad as I looked on the outside, i felt worthless, dirty and guilty.

"Hi sweetie." My father cooed before taking a sip of coffee.

Dan said nothing, he didn't even look up at me.

"Daniel are you not going to say good morning to your sister?" My father asked sternly.

"No." Dan said dismissively as he got up, put his plate in the sink and brushed past me to leave the room.

"Is there something you'd like to tell me Fran?" My father asked as he looked at me quizzically. Well I don't really want to tell you but I guess it had to come out at some point...

"Um me and Dan had a bit of an argument on Saturday..." I began tentatively.

"And..."

"And I guess he's still pretty mad at me." I said sighing.

"And what is it you're both bickering about?" My father asked sounding concerned.

"Well it's to do with Ethan-"

"Dan's friend?"

"Yeah, well um I've also kinda been seeing him as well." I admitted shyly. I felt awkward talking about my relationships with my father, I always felt that it was a topic that should be avoided wherever possible.

"And is that why Daniel is annoyed with you?" My father asked calmly without even acknowledging my admittance of my relationship with an older boy.

"Partly yes but it's a little more complicated than that-"

"Then I suggest you give your brother some space and allow him some time alone with his thoughts. He'll come round eventually." My father said with a reassuring smile.

I nodded and kissed my father on the cheek before collecting my bag and heading out of the door; Dan's car was already gone and I let out a loud groan on annoyance. Great, it looks like I'll be walking to school today...

~

"Fran what happened to you on Friday?" Amelia asked quizzically as we sat and ate our lunch.

"Yeah you just disappeared and we couldn't find you after about half eleven." Ella chimed in.

Shit I still had to tell them...

"Dan had to take me home." I answered quietly.

"How come? Couldn't handle your drink eh?" Lilly joked whilst shooting me a wink. I forced myself to laugh in reply. I would have to tell them about what happened with Ethan but I couldn't bring myself to do so, not right now, not when there were so many people around to see me cry.

"So Paige how come you didn't show up?" Amelia asked casually as she pushed her salad around her plate with a fork.

"I just - uh - wasn't feeling too good." Paige answered quietly as she stared down at her food.

"Darren looked like a lost puppy without you." Ella giggled loudly. I saw Paige wince at Darren's name, I gently reached over and gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

"Pai what's wrong, you seem a bit quiet today..." Ella asked worriedly. Paige let out a shaky breath and I shot the others an I'll explain later glance; the topic wasn't brought up again.

The rest of lunch passed by in a quiet - and slightly awkward - silence. The others knew there was something Paige and I weren't telling them but they didn't bring it up again and for that I was greatly thankful. I would tell them soon as I'm sure Paige would and I have the utmost confidence that they would be nothing but supportive of us.

Lunch finished and before she could rush off to class I pulled Paige aside.

"How're you doing today?" I asked quietly.

"Fine." She answered plainly.

"Have you had anymore thought about when you'll tell Darren?" I asked softly.

"I just - ugh - I don't know I mean-"

"Shh I'm sorry." I cooed and upon seeing her becoming flustered I pulled her into a tight hug, earning us some smirks and winks from a nearby group of boys. Ugh why do guys have to be so annoying?

"It's fine." She answered and gave me a watery smile. "So have you seen Ethan yet?" I cringed at the sound of his name.

"Thankfully no... But I'm sure it won't be long before I do." I murmured in response.

"When you do, I think you should slap him!" Paige chirped whilst giggling - God it was nice to see her happy.

I laughed and rolled my eyes at her. "Thanks for the advice Paige." I replied sarcastically.

"Anytime babe!" She winked playfully.

~

I packed up my things as the final bell rang; I slung my bag over my shoulder and quickly walked across the school car park.

The rest of the day had passed relatively quickly; I had seen Dan a few times around school and instead of trying to get him to talk to me I had ignored him and left him alone, doing so hurt me but I missed him so much I was prepared to do just about anything to get him talking to me again, even if that meant avoiding him for a while.

I was just heading towards the school gates when a familiar voice caught me off guard and stopped me in my tracks.

"Fran?"