Chapter 22

A whistle sounded and the game began. Paintballs flew in every direction and as the boys began to sprint towards each other. Paige, Sarah, Carrie and I ran for the nearest trees to hide behind.

"Fran duck!" Paige's voice cried out. I let out a scream as I was tackled from the side and I landed on the muddy ground with a thud; Ethan's body soon came crashing down on top of mine and we both groaned in pain.

"What was that for?" I asked laughing as I tried to shove him.

"You were about to get hit by a paintball." He said innocently as he rolled off of me.

"Are you sure you just didn't want an excuse to throw yourself at me?" I asked flirtatiously with a raised eyebrow.

"Well there is that as well." He murmured before leaning in to place a kiss on my lips.

"Oi love birds if you're quite done we do have a game to win here!" James shouted, sounding very aggravated. Wow why are boys so competative all the time?

I shook my head and stood up with the help of Ethan. I turned to go and look for a place to take cover again when I felt a hand smack my bum, I turned around in shock to see Ethan shot me a wink before sprinting away. The bastard.

The game went on and soon the only people left in our team was Darren, James and myself as Paige, Carrie, Sarah and - much to his disappointment - Dan had all been shot within the first five minutes of the game. Ethan, James and Darren seemed to be fairly skilled at the game and managed to shoot three of the guys from the other team before Ethan was hit by a paintball from a very smug looking Conner.

James and Darren we're very competitive and both took the game very seriously. I on the other hand just stayed hidden behind a tree, the only reason I wasn't out yet is because the other team hadn't seen me.

"Shit!" James exclaimed loudly, I looked over to where he was stood and saw that there was a blue paint mark from where he had just been shot by Conner that was sat dangerously close to his crotch. Ouch that would have hurt.

Now it was me and Darren versus Conner and his other arrogant friend - Wait no Darren and the arrogant friend just shot each other so now it's just me and Conner ...Crap!

I threw myself behind the nearest tree and hid. I was facing in the direction of my team's camp and I could see everyone sat there watching me intently, seeing that I was facing their direction everybody gave me big cheesy grins and encouraging thumbs up.

I took a deep breath and peered around the edge of the tree; Conner, with his gun poised and ready, was stalking forwards in my direction. I let out a string of curse words and I began to shake.

"Aw princess why don't you just make this a whole lot quicker for everyone and come on out so we get this over and done with." Conner jeered unpleasantly. That made me mad.

With one last deep breath I rounded the tree and began firing madly in Conner's direction, most of the paintballs went flying past him due to my bad aim however before he could even react a red ball exploded on contact with his chest, splattering him with red paint.

I let out an excited scream and threw my gun to the ground as I jumped up and down.

We beat them. We did it. We won!

Cheers and shouts rang throughout the trees as everyone from my team came running towards me and engulfed me in a massive group hug.

"Nice one shortie!" James called over the buzz of excited voices, causing me to chuckle.

"You did good kid!" Dan chirped as he pulled me into a tight hug causing me to smile back humbly.

We all began walking away when Conner piped up angrily from behind us. " I wasn't gunna shoot a girl ... I pretty much let you win bitch." He shouted haughtily.

Ethan exhaled loudly in annoyance before marching over to Conner and punching him square in the face; he then turned on his heel and casually strolled back over to us.

"Let's get showered and go get some pizza." He said enthusiastically as he slung his arm over my shoulder.

Well that was eventful.