Chapter 30

I woke up the next morning with a splitting headache and tear stained cheeks. I was still in my clothes from last night so I changed into a pair of sweats and a jumper before grabbing my phone and  heading downstairs to get some headache tablets and food.

I dragged my feet as I ascended the stairs and I lazily shuffled out to the kitchen. Dan was stood by the kettle making a cup of tea as I entered the room.

"You want one?" He asked over his shoulder.

"Please." I croaked, gasping in pain from the dryness of my throat.

"Sit down, I'll get you some Paracetamol for your head too." He said kindly.

Groaning, I plopped down into the nearest seat and dropped my head into my hands. And that's when the events of last night came flooding back to me.

James and Ethan's voices echoed all throughout my head.

"So... do tell!"

"Well if you really wanna know then let's just say I hope you've been practicing applying you lipstick..." Ethan retorted causally.

"W-what you've fucked her already?" James gasped. 

"Must you say it so crudely?" Ethan mumbled.

"Shit... so you've had sex with Fran."

"Yes I thought we'd just established this... So do you think you've learnt your lesson not to make a bet with me?" Ethan snapped

I let out a loud sob and fisted my hands in my hair.

I was a bet to Ethan. All he wanted to do was get into bed with me and being the idiot I am, I let him.

"Fran?" Dan asked worriedly as he slid a cup of a tea and a packet of tablets towards me.

Tears streamed steadily down my face and I sobbed loudly.

"Fran what is it?" Dan asked as he soothingly rubbed my back.

I raised my head to look at him but as I looked into his eyes I felt ashamed and stupid and embarrassed. How am I supposed to tell my brother that his best friend had a bet to see if he could get me into bed? And what's more, how am I supposed to tell him that he's actually won that bet?

"I can't tell you... not yet..." I sighed sadly. God I hate keeping things from him but I can't possibly bring myself to tell him this.

"Fran please, whatever it is you can tell me." Dan pleaded but I shook my head; I popped out two headache pills and swallowed them with a gulp of tea.

"I need to go see Paige, I'll be back later and I promise I'll tell you then." I breathed out. I figured that waiting to tell Dan until later gave me a few hours to come up with a plausible story that doesn't involve me sleeping with his best friend.

"Do you want a lift over to Paige's house?" Dan asked.

"No thanks I think I'll just walk, the fresh air will probably help to clear my head." I mumbled as I rose from my seat and walked into the hallway. I slipped on a pair of my converses that were sat on the floor, slipped my phone into my pocket and grabbed a pair of keys.

"Fran..." Dan called me softly just as I was walking out of the door.

"Hmm?"

"Whatever it is you have to tell me... I won't judge and I will still love you." He said with a heartfelt smile.

I know Dan was only trying to make me feel better but he was in fact doing the very opposite because his words wracked me with guilt and I felt as if I had let him down. I wonder if he'll hate me when he finds out? Because I know that I hate myself right now.