Chapter 46

"Fran, everyone's here!" Dan called upstairs.

I put the curling iron down and stepped back to survey myself in the mirror; I was wearing a pair of high waisted shorts and a floral tank top as the weather outside was hot today, yet it wasn't a pleasant heat that gave you that warm feeling you get in summer, it was an uncomfortable heat that left you feeling sweaty and lethargic.

I exhaled lazily as I pulled on a pair of converse and grabbed a bad before ambling downstairs.

As I got to the bottom of the stairs Paige, Ella, Amelia and Lilly were stood before me in similar attire to that of myself.

"How are you today?" I whispered quietly to Paige. She shrugged her shoulders in response and smiled at me weakly; I raised my hand to her arm and smiled at her reassuringly.

I looked to my left and saw Darren and Dan whispering intently to each other. I cleared my throat causing both boys to start and look over to me. I raised my eyebrow in question of their suspicious whispering but they ignored me.

"Just keep an eye on her yeah?" Dan said quietly to Darren but not quiet enough that I couldn't hear.

"Of course." Darren responded before stepping over to Paige and wrapping his arm around her.

"Fran, dad and I are going over to Grandma's this evening and we won't be back til late so you'll probably come home to an empty house." Dan informed as he leant against the banister next to me.

"Ok well I'll see you later then." I said as I hugged him. "What was that about with Darren?" I whispered to Dan with my arms still around him.

"Nothing you need to worry about." Dan responded as he pulled away.

"So let's go then." Darren chirped and we all piled out of the door.

~

The gig is taking place in a large field on the outskirts of town; It took us half an hour to walk from my house and the closer we got to the venue the more people we saw. The area we were going to could hold about 4,000 people making it a popular place for gigs and festivals. A large stage was set up on one side of the field and the edge of the area was lined with food tents, merchandise stalls and concession stands.

We got our tickets out ready to give them in as we joined the growing queue of people forming by the gate to the field.

"I wonder what songs they'll play?" Paige mused from next to me.

"I don't know. Oh my god I'm so excited I can't even." I giggled.

"You can't even what?" Darren asked confusedly.

Paige and I turned to face Darren and we both shot a look saying are you being serious right now?

"What?" He asked defensively.

"Babe don't worry about it, it's like what people say when they fangirl." Paige explained condescendingly with a giggle.

"I really don't get you guys sometimes. You're so lame." Darren chuckled just as we were called forward to present our tickets.

"Screw you." I muttered with a smile as I nudged him.

We had an hour to wait once we were past the ticket checks before the band came on so we pushed our way through the people crowded at the entrance to make our way over to the stage.

"Ooh Fran The Braid will be on soon!" Ella squealed excitedly as she grabbed my arm.

"Oh my god I know!" I screamed back ecstatically.

"Oh my god it seems like we've been waiting forever to see them live, come on I wanna get a good view." She said over her shoulder as she pulled me in the direction of the forming crowd around the stage. Somehow we managed to weave our way through the masses of people and found ourselves standing a few rows back from the front. We waited patiently as the minutes ticked by and then suddenly the crowd began cheering as five boys, a few years older than Ella and I, walked on stage.

A tall skinny boy with bleached blonde hair and lightly tanned skin, took a seat behind the drum case which had been covered in various stickers and doodles. He smiled at the crowd and waved, gaining several loud screams in response. The lead guitarist, cockily strolled on stage and took a place behind one of the microphone stands and began strumming a few cords on his guitar. He had ruffled, dirty blonde hair and fair skin similar to mine. He sent one of the girls a few people away from us a cheeky smirk before looking down at his guitar. Screams from surrounding girls began to get louder as the crowd became more excited. On the other side of the stage, the second guitarist, a tall boy with dark skin and black, flat hair called something over his shoulder to the drummer and they both began laughing. He had a bright smile that felt contagious. The last two members ambled out together. One was quite short with fluffy brown hair, the other broad with dyed blue hair that had been expertly quiffed. The lead singer took his place in the middle of the stage whilst his friend picked up a bass and made his way stage left. The group began to make a few last minute adjustments to their microphone stands and instruments.

The five boys messed around on stage for a few moments before stepping up to the microphones.

"Hi we're The Braid, it's amazing to be here and we hope you guys enjoy our music." The drummer said cheerfully into the microphone, the crowd cheered in response and the boys all sent each other a few nods before they began playing.

"They're amazing aren't they!" Ella called out from next to me with a large grin on her face.

I nodded whilst I beaming back at her and as the sound of the music surrounded me I felt happy and I forgot about all the bad in my life right now.

A/N: as mentioned in the previous chapter this was rewritten to feature a fictional band rather than the original chapter which featured 5 Seconds Of Summer. I've tried to earase all mention of 5sos throughout this so sorry if I've missed any bits.