What the Hell Happened?

Yuma's POV

I was just wandering around my living room debating what all needed to be done for the day. It was very boring waiting for a dragon egg to hatch but that's the cost you have to pay when being a demon. Eternal Boredom! I went downstairs to check the egg again but still, nothing had happened. Everything was still attached properly, the wires, pipes, lights, everything. I looked over at my calculations. It should be soon now. These are the best calculations that I could come up with and they are right. I went back upstairs and sat on the couch peacefully listening to music and thinking.

A loud knock sounded at my door. after a good while. Groaning I got up to answer the door. When I opened it Sony, the petite bartender was standing there with a package. "Yes?" I didn't open the door all the way because I didn't know what was happening.

"Yuma? You ... um, have a package. I was told to deliver it." She looked at me with big doe eyes. Something seemed off.

"I didn't order anything..."

"It's a gift! A friend of mine got it for you, to welcome you to the neighborhood. Please take it."

She shoved the present into my arms and ran away. I went down to my basement to check on the dragon egg again. Still, nothing had happened. I started to take a lot of notes on the egg and the way the electricity was moving. Anything could make the egg not hatch so I had to be careful. After about two hours I was super tired. I needed something to wake me up. I went to the table and looked at the box. Thinking that I had nothing to lose I opened the box and saw two bottles of some energy drink and a large bag of chips, harvest cheddar sun chips. Why did she give me energy drinks and Sun chips? I didn't even care at that point I opened the lid of the drink and took a large swallow.

I instantly regretted it. It was bitter enough to make my stomach turn and cause me to gag. "What the hell?" I covered my mouth as I felt almost ready to throw up. My head started to throb badly enough that I had to sit down on the couch. "Why... What is going on?" I tried to close my eyes to stop the pain but it didn't help. I stumbled to my feet then back toward the egg to shut the lights off but I collapsed before I could reach it. Help...