28. Shared Pasts

***Authors Note. Alright guys this is a delicate chapter that makes me have mixed feelings. This is where we learn about what Sonny and Calla had to go through as children so be ready for BLOOD!!!! Just a song I was listening to while writing. anyway see you next Chapter Sweet Hearts <3***

Sonny's POV

"Mom? Mommy? Are you okay?"

"it's just a scratch sweetheart." She whispered softly back to me. We sat there in our tiny white metal room. I could see worry at her across my dad's face as his room was open.

"Daddy?" I went up to our door and stared over at him. His eyes kept flashing different bright colors.

"Sonny don't look" Mom said hoarsely. I started to ask why but Dad's scream ripped me out of what i was doing.

I saw them splashing him with something that looked like water but he was screaming so loudly. My eyes burned with tears as I beat the door. "DAD!" I screamed as One of the men in white picked up a knife. My small hands hit the door hard as the knife moved down his arms, cutting everything. Dark black blood polled on the ground underneath him. "MOMMY HELP DAD!" I cried out as she grabbed me around the waist and held me. I felt tears run down my shoulder as she cried against me.

"Sonny please stop watching." Her voice broke.

I couldn't handle it I kicked at the door and beat it until they opened the door. One of the men came in and pulled my mom off of me. I was screaming and tears stained my small thin cheeks. "NO!" I screamed as they threw her on the ground in front of Dad. I ran out to get between these terrible people and my parents but I didn't get there...

Knife after knife stabbed into my mommy. My sensitive hearing allowed me to hear every snap of the bones breaking. I could almost hear my dad's heart break at he screamed in pain at seeing the mother of his child, the woman he loved so much, being stabbed to death right underneath him. I couldn't stop crying. "DAD? His mommy okay?!" He looked at me and then his eyes changed from his deep rich brown to a soft light blue. In that moment I understood everything. He was ready to die. The people forced his mouth open and poured the water down his throat. It smelled like he was burning. His throat and chest began to quiver then his throat actually gave way and blood cascaded down as he fell down, dead. I stopped moving. I was too shocked to do anything...

Blood spread out along the floor of my cage. My wrists, thighs, and ribs were marked with dark bloody lines from burns and cuts that the "scientists" did to me. They said I was terrible. That I would never amount to anything. I hated them. I hated them all. I wanted to rip open their throats the way they did my father.

The door opener and suddenly I lost it all. I jumper up, my fingers ripping through the skin in his chest and moving down, gutting the man. He didn't even have a chance to scream. I took my chance and walked out. "Get back in your cell or else..." A woman tried to command me but I swatted at her, my nails slicing clear through her throat. That's when all the others screamed and started to run. I shifted into my werewolf form and tore into the people, destroying their bodies, ripping out their intestines, duplicating every bone, basically dissecting the people. When I was done there was no one left... except one person. Her name was Judy. She was kind to me, but she sat there cowering in the far corner. She had begged for her life and I knew that I wouldn't murder her. She was so kind. She was sitting there and when I curled up in her lap she gently placed her hand against the back of my neck, petting the soft white fur.

"Sonny.." I whimpered softly. "Do you want to leave? Come live with me?" I shifted into my human form and nodded.

CALLA'S POV