3

I had gone home minutes after Janine had gotten home to have a little time to myself and to get ready. I enjoy making extra money for babysitting, but sometimes, it's just too much. That's basically all I do on my free time and it's not like I babysit all these other kids. The only kids I babysit are Bailey and Brant, which is enough for me.

As I am straightening my hair, I hear my bedroom door open but I don't bother to look to see who it is. When the unknown person plops onto my bed and lets out a sigh, I instantly know it's my cousin, Sebraeya. She is mainly the only person I can tolerate in life, but even sometimes I need to get away from her. I turn my head and her eyes are closed while her body is spread out on the bed. I ignore it and finish doing my hair and makeup.

"Do you wanna babysit with me tonight?" I ask and stand up from my sitting position on the floor. She is staring at her newly manicured nails and ignoring my question, but I know it's because she wasn't paying the least bit of attention to me. "Earth to slut." I say loud enough for her to look at me.

"What?" She groans, rolling over onto her stomach and staring up at me.

"Do you wanna babysit with me tonight?" I repeat my question and she shrugs. "That doesn't answer the question." I sit beside her and start to pull on my high top converse. I honestly want her to come with me tonight, mainly because I'm dreading the fact of being in the same house with Janine's nephew, and also because Bailey and Brant are more than just a handful and Sebraeya is great with children. Not that I'm not good with kids, I just can't deal with their smart mouths and random outburst. It's unreal and it makes me question ever wanting kids.

"Yeah, I'll go." She assures me and closes her eyes before running her fingers through her hair. "Bailey and Brant, right?"

"Mhm," I walk to my desk and grab my perfume before spraying it in the air and walking through it.

"Oh, joy." I don't even have to turn around to know that she was rolling her eyes. That's all she ever does is roll her eyes, but I guess it's just part of who she is. Sebraeya and I are alike in many, many ways but then again we're different in many ways. She's definitely not only my cousin, but also my best friend. "What time do we need to be there?"

"Well, I was actually about to leave now. Do you just wanna follow me in your car?" I ask while reaching for my car keys that were on my purse.

"Yeah." She slides off the bed and grabs the keys to her Jeep Liberty and we make our way outside to the driveway.

Bailey and Brant have been sitting on the floor for almost an hour and a half now, watching cartoons while Sebraeya and I sit silently on the couch. Jack hasn't come downstairs since we arrived, and quite frankly I don't even think he is here. I'm just hoping to god that he isn't.

Just as that thought crosses my mind, the front door opens and Jack and some other guy enter the house. I literally had the sudden urge to beat my head on the glass table that is directly in front of me, but I decide against it. When I look up at Jack, he winks and walks to the kitchen, leaving his friend behind who is nearly staring into Sebraeya's soul. Sebraeya glares at me, widening her eyes when she realizes the boy staring at her but she decides to ignore it.

"Aye Cameron, do you want a drink?" Jack shouts from the kitchen and Bailey shushes him so that he can hear his show.

"Sure," The boy who I am now assuming is Cameron shouts back. Brant turns and shushes him also, but Cameron just smiles innocently at him and sits on the love seat.

"Jack, could you get me a water bottle?" I shout and he peeks his head out of the kitchen and I raise my eyebrows at him.

"Get one yourself." He grimaces at me and goes back into the kitchen. I let out an aggravated sigh, but stay seated and hope that he is nice enough to just bring me a bottle. When he comes back into the living room, he has two cans of brisk tea in his hands and gives one to Cameron. I stare at him with the most deadly look on my face and he stares back with the same expression. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

"Oh, so original." I roll my eyes and stand up to get a water bottle from the kitchen. As I'm reaching into the fridge, I feel someone pinch my side. I scream and backhand whoever it was by accident due to my reflexes.

"Ah, what the fuck, man!" Jack shouts, placing his hand on his cheek and I place my hand over my mouth to keep myself from laughing loudly. "Why'd you do that?"

"Why did you pinch me?" I ask and he shakes his head. "Don't ever touch me like that again," I say in a now more serious tone. He raises his hands as if he is surrendering and smirks down at me, a small chuckle falling past his lips.

"Well, how would you like me to touch you, than?" His voice is raspy and he is slowly bringing his long fingers closer to me but I smack them away before they could get any closer.

"I don't want you to touch me at all." I scoff and walk back to the living room, empty handed. I'd rather stay thirsty than to have to stand in the kitchen with him any longer. When I enter the living room, Sebraeya and Cameron are basically having a staring contest and I flop back down beside her on the couch. I look back and forth between her and Cameron but neither of them says anything. They are literally sitting here, staring directly at each other. Cameron ends up cracking a smile which causes Sebraeya to look away and giggle. Ew. She's such a girl when it comes to this type of thing. Jack comes into the living room and sits beside Cameron on the love seat then looks over at me. When his brown eyes meet mine, my heart nearly stops and I don't understand why. I feel so small underneath his hard, intense gaze and I can't bring myself to look away from his perfectly structured face.

Look away, I tell myself. Just look away.