18

Quinn luckily picked the lock on my door and that's how she got in. I'm sort of glad that she did, but then again I'm a little upset. But, if she wouldn't have picked that lock and came into the bathroom, I would have made a huge mistake.

Jack comes out of the bathroom minutes later in just his boxers as I lay on my back, staring up at the white ceiling. He lays down next to me and pulls the blanket over him, but doesn't say a word to me. I shouldn't have said that I would've regretted... I knew it would hurt his feelings so why did I say it? I'm confused when it comes to Jack. When it comes to him, my mind gets all fuzzy and so does my heart. I absolutely hate not being able to control my feelings, especially because this is the first time I can't.

"Jack?" I whisper.

"Hm?"

"Are you mad at me?" I ask and he doesn't respond within the next minute. I stay quiet and stare into the darkness of the room. I want him to wrap his arms around me, but I'm not the type to admit it. I really just like the feeling of being in someone's arms, and since he's the only person who has held me in his arms, I want it to be him.

My phone vibrates on my side table and I quickly pick it up to see that I've got a text from that guy Eddie.

Eddie; Hey! Sorry I haven't talked to you lately. My mother hasn't been feeling too well and I was taking care of her.

I smile at his text and instantly respond.

Don't even worry about it! I've been busy anyway :)

I press send and wait impatiently for his reply.

Eddie; How's about I take you out to breakfast tomorrow? I won't take no as an answer. (;

Sure.

I send him my address and we agree on a time. He'll be here by nine to pick me up and go to IHOP. I'm sort of excited to see him again. He was just really sweet and he was definitely good looking. It'll be nice to see him a second time.

"Can you shut your phone off? The light is keeping me from falling asleep." Jack says.

"Than cover your face with the pillow." I say and he keeps his mouth shut. I roll my eyes at the attitude he had just given me and lock my phone then set it on my night stand. The rest of the night, I think about how my "date" is gonna go tomorrow.

-

The loud beeping of my alarm wake me up at 8 in the morning and I mentally kill myself for agreeing to go to breakfast when we simply could have gone to lunch. I hate breakfast foods, anyway. I crawl out of bed and examine Jack who is laying on his stomach, my cotton white blanket just covering everything past his waist. He stretches, revealing his back muscles and I close my eyes to keep myself from pouncing. I walk to my dresser and choose to wear tight black ripped skinny jeans, a The Beatles crop top and a pair of converse. I grab my hair straightener and rush to curl my hair considering I only have an hour to get ready and I still have to do my make up.

I quickly finish my hair and make up, just as I see Jack sitting up in my bed. I feel him watching me as I lean over my bathroom counter to get closer to the mirror so I can fix my eyeliner.

"What are you getting all dolled up for?" He asks in the raspiest, most sexiest voice ever.

"I have a breakfast date," I say, smiling at him.

"I don't believe we talked about having breakfast together." He smirks and it sort of hurts to tell him that I'm not talking about him.

"Not you," I chuckle. "This guy Eddie has been wanting to take me out so he wanted to take me out to breakfast. I was too nice to pass up the offer." I explain to him but he moves around my room, looking for his clothes and not paying any attention to me. I choose to ignore the rudeness and spray perfume on me. When I look at the time, it's already 8:48. He'll be here real soon.

I shut my bathroom light off and walk into the my room to put my makeup back. Jack is pulling his pants up his legs and looking at me.

"You like The Beatles?" He asks, buttoning his pants and I just nod, scrolling through Instagram on my phone. "I love The Beatles."

"Really? They're a really great band." I say, turning my head to look at him. "What's your favorite song?"

"I really like I Wanna Hold Your Hand. How about you?" He sits beside me.

"Yesterday is my favorite by them."

"You oughta see my bedroom back in Nebraska. I've got their records hanging on my walls." He says with a proud smirk on his face and I can't help but smile at how cute he is. "Well, I'm gonna go see if Janine is ready to leave. Thanks for letting me sleep in your bed last night.."

"Don't mention it. It was the least I could do," I lean forward, giving him a hug.

"What, no kiss?" He jokes and I chuckle.

"No, not now considering I'm about to go on a date." I laugh.

"Ugh, whatever." He smiles and stands up before leaving my room. I'd much rather be going on a date with him. I hate him so much. I check my phone and get a text from Eddie saying that he's here. When I stand up, Jack walks back into my room. "That bitch left me here. Do you think your boyfriend could give me a ride home?"

"He's most definitely not my boyfriend, and I can ask but it'll be insanely awkward and what if he things I had a nod night stand or something?" I ask, honestly worried about what this guy will think.

"Fine, I'll walk home." He shrugs and I instantly feel bad. I let out a load groan and grab my purse.

"Let's go," I grab his wrist and pull him out of my room. We walk downstairs and out the front door. Eddie is looking at me through the rolled down windows with a smile on his face. I can't believe I'm about to ask this guy to give Jack a ride home.

"Hey Eddie, um... Do you think you could give my friend a ride home? He'd really appreciate it." I ask cautiously.

"Yeah, of course. Anything to help someone out." He says and I thank him before Jack and I both get in the car. After Eddie punches in Janine's address in his GPS, we're on our way.

The car ride is completely silent and the awkwardness in the air is thick as fuck. This is such an odd situation and I can only imagine what Eddie is thinking about me right now.

"Just incase you're thinking this, we didn't have a one night stand." Jack says and my eye widen. Eddie chuckles and I cover my face with my hands. Dear god.