21

As we get closer and closer, I become even more nervous than what I was the minute before. I've never been someone to get on roller coasters because of all the stories I've been told about them. Also because of the movie Final Destination 3, when the roller coaster basically breaks and kills everyone on it. Wow, I really shouldn't be thinking about that scene while waiting in line to ride a large roller coaster. Jack pulls on my arm as more people get on.

"Jack, I really don't want to." I say, grabbing onto his arm.

"Alexis, I promise it'll be okay. This is my favorite ride and if you get scared, you can hold my hand." He says sweetly and I decide to try and suppress my fear. People get off of the roller coaster and we get on. One of the workers checks all of our seat belts and my stomach turns. "Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth."

"Oh, shut u- AHHHH!"

Before I know it, the roller coaster takes off faster than ever. I continue to loudly scream. Jack is laughing beside me as I continue to freak out.

"Shut up!!" I scream. "I hate you for this!"

He grabs my hand and holds onto it tightly.

"Close your eyes! It's less scary!" He shouts and I do so as I hold onto his large hand. When I open my eyes, the ride is over.

-

We walk through the park, hand in hand. I lean into his side every now and then, and it isn't awkward like I thought it would be. He is so sweet for bringing me here today, and I'm really enjoying myself.

"Excuse me," A lady who looks as if she is in her fifties comes up to us. "We take pictures of families and happy couples here at Six Flags, and you two look like the happiest couple here. Or at least from what I've seen. Do you mind if I take a picture?"

I have the urge to tell her that we aren't a couple, but then how would we explain the hand holding?

"Of course." Jack says and puts his arm over my should. I lean into his side, hugging him and smiling at the lady with the camera. Once she snaps the picture, she thanks us and hands us each a ticket.

"These are tickets for whenever you'd like to come to Six Flags. Thank you again for the picture."

"It was our pleasure." I assure her with a smile and she waves while walking away.

"Why did we tell her we weren't a couple?" I ask and he just looks down at me.

"It's not good to lie, Alexis." He smiles and I look at him with a confused expression on my face.

"But, we wouldn't be lying."

"About that..." He trails off and my heart rate picks up.