29

Four days later

I've decided to just shut my phone off because Jack literally won't stop texting and calling. The reason I haven't sat down with him to talk about the situation is because we aren't a couple and in reality, he doesn't owe me shit. If he wants to ruin his life by doing drugs, that's on him. I'm not putting myself around someone who is doing that to themselves.

"Lex, I'm going out with Cameron tonight." Sebraeya tells me as she comes into her bedroom. She has a light purple towel wrapped around her body and a towel wrapped around her hair. I nod and stare at the wall in front of me as she goes through her drawers. As she gets dressed and brushes her hair, I continue staring straight ahead. She sits down at the edge of the bed and puts her hand on my leg. I look up at her with a blank expression on my face. "You need to talk to him, Lex."

I shake my head and stare at my lap.

"Alexis, listen to me... I don't usually intrude on your problems, but let me say something." She says and I nod. "He obviously really cares, because not only has he been blowing up your phone, he's been blowing up all of our phones. Mine, Cameron's, Nash's, everyone's. He is trying to get them to tell you that he didn't know that he was taking the wrong pills. He doesn't even know what pills he took."

"Why are you believing him when you should be siding with me?" I ask, suddenly becoming mad.

"I'm not siding with anyone! You need to talk to this boy instead of sitting here, doing nothing! You know how many times he has come to the house while you were asleep but I didn't want to tell you because I know it'd hurt you more? So many times, Alexis. It's time to talk to this kid." She stands up and walks out of the room.

-

Jack's POV•

"I'm leaving. Don't go anywhere," Janine slams my bedroom door shut and I stare at my ceiling. I really can't stand that bitch. I used to sort of feel that way about Alexis, but it wasn't like I hated her. It was the first week of knowing her, but I felt like I was meant to stand her.

There's a knock at the door and I look at my phone. It's ten at night. Thank god Janine took the boys with her to her boyfriend's house. I sigh and slide off of the bed to make my way to the front door. Watch it be Cameron or-

"Alexis," I breathe out, my heart racing. "What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk."

"Tell me about it," I try to hold back a smirk and she walks inside.

"Don't get cocky already." She says and I shut the door. We go up to my room and sit on my bed. "I'm just.. really upset that you did what you did when I told you that I have a past history with it. Not me personally, but I've witnessed people doing those things and it sort of ruined my childhood, but I chose to move on. But when I saw you the first night you were nodding out, I lost it. When I saw you last week, I felt like my heart had just broken and I can't express to you how mad I am."

I nod and pray that she'll believe what really happened when I tell her.

"Alexis, when I tell you this, I really need you to believe me because I can't lose you over an honest mistake." I tell her. "I was up in Taylor's room with the guys and we were all smoking and drinking. My head was killing me, and it was horrible before we even left-"

"Then why didn't you say anything?"

"It wasn't a big deal. I wanted to go, you wanted to go. So we did. The music was fucking with me and I needed to take something. I asked Taylor if he had Advil or something and he said that he had something that would take my headache away real quick. I thought it was honestly something to help. Please believe me. I wouldn't hurt you purposely." I say and she stares at me with tears in her eyes. "Please," I plead, swiping my thumbs under her eyes to catch her tears. "I'm telling you the truth."

"I know. I believe you," She sniffles and I waist no time leaning in and kissing her. She puts her arms around my neck and runs her fingers through my hair. She pulls away and leans her forehead against mine. "I missed you, Jack."

"I missed you, too."

a/n;

guyssss! okay, talking real life right now. this story is about my cousin Alexis! so, Alexis and Sebraeya are real characters :) incase you didn't know, my name is Sebraeya lol. but I'm sure you guys did know that! wow anyway! pls vote and comment!