22

"I know that we don't know each other all too well, but I really feel like I can actually trust you, Alexis. I find it really weird that I feel like I've known you for the longest time when really it hasn't been long. I'm not asking to be an official couple. I'm just asking that we work something out because although I hate to admit this... I'm completely attached to you, no matter how hard I try not to be." He says to me and I don't want him to say any of this.

"Jack... I um.." I begin but he cuts me off by pulling me into a kiss.

He pulls away and looks down at me. "You keep me sane. Out of all the time we have spent together, i've realized that you are what is going to save me and it didn't take me long to realize it." He tells me and my heart swells up.

"Okay." I stare up at him in awe as I nod my head. I have no clue what he is talking about with the whole keeping him sane part, but I'm going to go along with it because maybe soon he'll tell me what's going on. I don't like to see like the type of girl who falls in love after a little bit of time knowing each other, but it's hard not to when you're like magnets. I'm not saying that I love him, but I'm not saying I don't.

"I'm sorry to put all of this stress on you, and I'm not one to admit things. But I'm going to admit that I need you." He says with panic in his eyes, as if this is really hard for him.

"Don't worry about it. You don't have to admit anything to me, okay?" I assure him and he nods. "Now come on, we're not done riding rides!" I say excitedly although inside I'm terrified.

-

We spent the entire day at Six Flags and I'm honestly relieved to be pulling into my driveway. I woke up around eight and I'm getting home around eleven at night. I'm honestly so fucking tired.

Jack and I get out of the car and he walks me to the front door. I feel like a fifteen year old girl in a romance movie where the guy walks her to her front door and gives her a kiss. It's fucking sick. I'm not for all of that romantic crap, I'm really just ready for bed.

"Jack, all jokes aside, I really want to thank you for taking me today. That was actually really sweet of you, and I had a great time." I say to him, a smile on my face. He smiles down at me and nods. Okay, so I will admit, I have mad butterflies.

"I just had a feeling that your date was going to suck, I mean... who takes a beautiful girl out to eat breakfast? I wouldn't," He smirks. "And I didn't."

I smile shyly and him. "Thanks again, Jack." I unlock my front door and when I go to walk in, he pulls me back onto the porch and roughly, yet passionately kisses me.

"Aw, we'll look at you two."

I pull away at the sound of my mom's voice as she stands in the doorway with her arms crossed.

"Um, I was just bringing Alexis home." Jack says as politely as possible.

"Alexis, you didn't contact me at all today, and for that you're punished." She says and I jump back in shock.

"Like hell I am." I say. "I'm eighteen, you can't tell me what to do anymore."

"When you're living in my house I can."

"Than I won't live here." I assure her. I've been taking her shit for years and this just puts the cherry on fucking top.

"You know what? After all I've done for you, and this is how you repay me? You have until tomorrow to get your shit and leave!" she shouts then walks away. I bite back my tears and turn to Jack.

"I've um, I've gotta go. Again, thank you." I sniffle and he grabs my arm. "Jack, I-"

"Come with me." He whispers. "Let's leave."

"And go where?" I ask, looking at him as if he's insane.

"Who cares? Just as long as we're together." He brushes my hair out of my face, his lips inches away from mine.

"I don't know-"

"Live a little." He pushes me further to say yes and I stare at him for a few seconds.

"Okay." I agree.