24

We sit on his bed as he attempts to calm down and I rub his back to hopefully help a little. He runs his hands over his face and sniffles.

"You're probably wondering why she was yelling at me," He says and I forget that he doesn't know that I heard her yelling at him once before about how he's just like his father.

"I am, but I wouldn't dare ask because it's obviously not a good situation."

"My mom um.. she can't handle me anymore because I'm out of control. I go to parties, come home high and drunk, most likely fucked up on some kind of other drug. I'm really disrespectful and I never obey her rules." He tells me. "My dad actually, he um.."

"It's alright, you don't have to tell me anything." I assure him and he shakes his head.

"I want to," He says as he begins to cry harder, his voice barely above a whisper. "My dad treats me like shit. He's the reason I'm the way I am today. He's never actually shown me love, nor has he ever had a civil conversation with me.. not since I was seven. He always hit me.. every single day he hit me when I got home from school." More tears stream down his face and he's basically beating himself up by telling me all of this information.

"Jack, stop. You don't have to go on because it's obviously hurting you to talk about it."

"God damn it, let me get it off my chest." He says weakly and I let him proceed. "My mother sent me to live here with Janine because she thought it would be good for me, but Janine is just like my father, minus the abusing me. I honestly can't take it anymore and I'm finally cracking." When he finishes his story, I'm teared up. This is why Jack was so mean to me when we first met and this is why he is the way he is.

"I'm here now and you can always talk to me no matter what the problem is." I lay my head on his shoulder and he lays his head on mine. "Never be scared to come to me for help because I'll be there, ready to help..." I sniffle with him. "Because I love you, Jack." I whisper. "I don't want to see you hurting because it's hurting me to stand by and watch."

"I love you, too."

a/n;

this was just to hold you guys off but I want to say something!

obviously, Jack Gilinsky doesn't realistically go through these things and I doubt he has an aunt named Janine! Jack's father doesn't really do these things to him, and Jack doesn't really do these things. basically, the Jack in this book has the same name and the same exact looks, but total different lives and personalities. the reason I'm explaining this is bc I don't know if any of you actually think that he's like this. but I doubt any of you thought that!

thanks for reading and pls comment & vote!