6

I wake up to the aching of my back and attempt to stretch but it only makes it hurt more. I turn over to lay on my back and rub my eyes. The sun is shining brightly through my opened blinds and I pull myself off of the floor. Jack is still asleep, cuddling with my pillow. Soft snores come from him and it's quite a sight to see him in such a vulnerable stage. I'm still mad at him, though.

"Alexis, mommy- you've got a boy in here!" My little sister shouts after bursting through my door.

"Quinn, he's very sick and I need you to be very quiet and leave." I say and she crosses her arms. "Please,"

"Does mommy know?" She asks, quirking her eyebrows.

"Yes," I lie. "Now please-"

"Morning," The sound of his raspy morning voice makes my heart flutter insanely and I turn my head to look at him. His hair is disheveled and his eyes aren't even fully open. Quinn leaves the room without saying another word. "Why am I here?"

"Don't talk to me," I mutter, walking over to my sliding glass door to step onto the balcony. I sit on the red plastic chair as the breeze blows my hair. I'm still very mad at him for what he did last night, and I know it may seem stupid of me to be mad, but he came to me after he did it. That's crossing the line for me, even though he didn't know. The sound of the sliding glass door opening pulls me from my thoughts but I don't even bother to look as he steps onto the balcony and sits in the black chair across from me. He clears his throat as to say 'look at me', but I refuse.

"Why am I here and why are you so mad at me?" He extends the question and I look at him. "Care to share?"

"Oh, sure!" I smile and cross my legs then look at him. "You're here because you were popping pills last night and you refused to let me take you back to Janine's or anywhere else, and I couldn't make you sleep in the park like you insisted, so I brought your dumbass here." I explain, anger clear in my voice although there is a fake smile plastered to my face. He stares at me while shaking his head. "I know, pathetic right?"

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to intrude-"

I cut him off. "That's not even why I'm mad at you."

"Then why are you?" He asks cautiously and I shake my head. "What did I do that made you so mad?" He presses.

"Just forget about it. Just promise you won't do that ever again. Your friend Cameron said that it was your first time, so don't make it a habit." I demand and he just nods.

"I didn't like it anyway." He shrugged. "I didn't like how I didn't know what was going on and I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was oblivion to everything, and I didn't like it at all and I'm so sorry, Alexis."

I could tell by the tone in his voice that yes, he really is sorry and no, he really didn't like it. I can't exactly be angry at him because he didn't know. Why should he revolve his options around me, anyway? He doesn't even know me and I don't know him. Though seeing him in that state last night broke my heart.

I nod. "It's alright. Don't do it again because I won't be there to help you."

"Thank you for being there last night." He says and I nod before standing up and walking back into my room. He follows behind me and I realize I'm wearing a tight black t-shirt with no bra and very short black and white plaid pajama pants. My hair is also in an insanely messy bun, and my makeup smeared. He's probably thinking about how crazy I look, but at the moment I don't give a shit at all.

After dropping Jack off at Janine's, I sit in her driveway for a few seconds to call Sebraeya. The phone rang three times before she answers and when she does, her voice is all groggy as if she had just woken up.

"Hey, did you have fun last night?" I ask and she groans loudly. "I'm guessing that's a no?"

"Not at all. Shawn and I got fucked up when we went back to his house and now I've got the worst hangover ever. Although, he was such a gentleman to me. He got me a cup of coffee and some Advil. I knew I always loved him." She confesses and I roll my eyes with a smirk on my face. "But why did you go home early?"

"I wasn't feeling too well and I was tired from babysitting." I explain and she mumbles a 'mhm'. "So, yeah. Well, I'll let you go and just call me later if you want to do anything."

"Come over tonight. I'm having a bonfire on the beach and inviting a few people over." She explains and I smile at the old memories of her and I on the beach at night. Her backyard is literally the beach.

"Okay, do you want me to bring anything?"

"Yeah," She paused. "That boy Jack. I see the way he looks at you." I can hear the smirk in her voice.

"He looks at me like he's ready to kill me." I say in a flat tone and she chuckles.

"Yeah, in the most passionate way ever."

"Get the fuck out," I laugh. "I'm hanging up."

After getting off the phone with Sebraeya, I head home and decide to chill for the day before getting ready for her bonfire. I have the urge to text Jack and invite him to come along, but I decide against it. I don't know if I can handle him three nights in a row. It just isn't possible.

"Alexis, go clean the pool." My mom says to me as I stand at the sink, cleaning the plate I had just used. I let out a sigh and obey her request. She drives me fucking crazy. As long as I'm living in her house, I have to do what she tells me to. I make my way out back and grab the pool skimmer to collect all of the leaves and bugs that have fallen into our built in pool. I don't even swim in the thing, so I don't see why I have to clean it. My sister should be the one cleaning it since she and her friends are always in it.