19

"I'm really sorry about my friend.. he's a bit care free." I apologize as we sit at our table, eating our breakfast and he shoos his hand at me as he finishes chewing his food.

"Don't worry about he. I remember him from the party, the way he was nodding out and all that shit... I kinda figured he was a bit out of control." Eddie says and I feel the need to defend Jack, but I decide against it. It was wrong of Jack to be nodding out at a party but I feel like I should be the only one allowed to say something about it.

"So, what do you do for fun?" I ask and he places his fork on his plate.

"Well, I like to surf, hike, skydive, and so much more." He smiles and I fake a smile. I don't mean to judge his hobbies, but I hate all of those things.

"That's cool. Do you like to listen to music, smoke, or just.. chill with friends?" I ask and he makes a face.

"Not really. I mean, I like music but I'm not obsessed with it. I don't smoke weed or cigarettes because I'm not a low life," He pauses and I am greatly offended. "I like to hangout with my friends but I'd much rather be at a huge party." He says and I just stare at him.

We are total opposites.

Before I know it, I'm being dropped off at my house. I thank him and quickly get out of the car to get inside. I am so relieved to be home and I'm so shocked. I did not expect our "date" to go that way. It was the worst date I've ever experienced and I honestly never want to see that guy again. He's not exciting and he's not interesting. He's nice, but we are honestly nothing alike. He hardly even talked to me while we were there and on our way back. Yes, he's cute but his personality sucks. I'm just glad it's over.

I walk into the kitchen to grab something to drink, and just my luck, I run into my mother. She's leaning on the counter with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face.

"What?" I ask, reaching into the fridge to grab a water bottle.

"Quinn told me what she saw last night." She assures me and my heart drops but I stay calm.

"And what did she see?" I knit my eyebrows in confusion, though I know exactly what she's talking about.

"Apparently, she walked into your bathroom and saw you and Janine's nephew in your underwear." She says and I'm thankful that that's all Quinn told her. "And you were on your knees in front of him."

Fuck.

"That most definitely didn't happen." I laugh and she squints her eyes at me. "Mom, Jack and I are just friends. That most definitely did not happen." I say in a more serious tone.

"I highly doubt Quinn lied. She doesn't know what that position means, nor has she ever witnessed it. I know you're lying." She says and I give up.

"Okay, my bedroom door was locked. She unlocked it from the outside and came in, so it's not my fault." I defend myself.

"You need to be considerate of there being people in the house." She says in a stern tone.

"Mom, I'm eighteen! My bedroom door was locked and she shouldn't have been picking it. Obviously it was locked for a reason," I explain and she ignores me. This is just typical. Always yelling at me when she should be yelling at someone else. She never yells at Quinn. I roll my eyes and walk up to my room and slam the door shut. As I'm laying on my bed, clearing my head of everything that has happened today, my phone vibrates. Please, don't be Eddie.

It's a text from Jack.

Asshole; how was your date with mr. perfect?

I roll my eyes but smile at his cockiness.

It was horrible. Come over?

Asshole; be there in a few.

I'm glad that Jack and I are at the point where we can just hang out. I'm telling you... there's something about him that seems so familiar and it's eating away at me. I wouldn't hang out with someone I've known for not even two weeks... but I feel so close to him, although we don't get along too well. I enjoy our tiny arguments, and I love his company. And the eye candy that comes along with it.

I wonder what we can do today. We always just hang out and do nothing but talk.

There's a knock at my bedroom door.

"Come in," I shout and Jack walks in. "Wow, you got here fast."

"Yeah, I was getting money out of the bank when I texted you. I was hoping you were back from that pathetic excuse of a date so I can take you on a real one." He grins and sits down next to me.

"You never asked me on a date, though."

"Will you go on a date with me?" He smiles.

"Mmm, sure. But it better be amazing compared to that date I was just on." I point at him and chuckle.

"Oh, it will be. Shall I tell you where we're going?" He asks and I nod. "Six flags!" He shouts and I stare at him with a dumb expression on my face. "What? You don't wanna go?"

"I've never been. It just doesn't look fun." I explain but I should keep my mouth shut because at least he wants to take me.

"Well, it'll be better than a trip to IHOP. Get dressed in something you can get wet in, and bring an extra pair of clothes." He says, standing up and walking onto my balcony.