28

I wake up to the sound of someone banging on Sebraeya's front door. Like, legitimate banging. It's a good fucking thing my aunt and uncle are at work, or else they would have flipped the fuck out. Sebraeya climbs out of bed, groaning loudly.

"Who the fuck comes to the door at eight in the fucking morning?" She yells and I follow her downstairs. She opens the front door and Jack is standing there, breathing heavily. "What?" She asks rudely and I bite back a smirk.

"I just fucking fell off of your roof," He says, still out of breath.

"Ew, why were you on my roof?" She crosses her arms.

"Well you weren't answering the door so I was gonna climb through your window." He says and turns to me. "Alexis, can I please tal-"

"No," I say, crossing my arms. He has this look of panic on his face and I want nothing but to hug him. But I'm mad at him.

"Please, it's a total misunderstanding and I need to explain myse-"

"Misunderstanding? Jack, you popped fucking pills! I stood there and watched as you nodded out!" I scream, tears gathering in my eyes. Sebraeya is kind enough to leave us to talk and goes to the kitchen.

"Alexis, please just-"

"No, you're fucking sick! You knew how I felt about that. And I don't care if I seem controlling to you but the only thing I asked of you was to not pop pills! And you did! You knew how I fucking felt and you didn't stop to think about me!" I scream in his face as tears stream down mine. "I hate you,"

"No, no you don't." He starts to panic and tries to pull me closer to him but I yank myself away. "You don't hate me.. you can't hate me." He says, tears forming in his eyes and I have to look away.

"I think it's best if you leave, Jack." I say softly, not wanting to look at him. "Please," I sniffle and try shutting the door.

"I thought they were Advil, or something to take my headache away! I swear, Alexis. I wouldn't do that to you... I wouldn't hurt you because I love you."

"HE LOVES YOU?" Sebraeya screams from the kitchen and I close my eyes in frustration. "TELL HIM YOU LOVE HIM BACK!"

"Shut up!" I shout and she doesn't say anything. "I don't believe you," I tell him.

"Ask Taylor! Ask Nash! Please, Alexis," He begs and I shut the door on him. I run up to Sebraeya's room and cry my eyes out. I hate him so much. I know that he's lying because he was perfectly fine when we arrived at the party. That's the dumbest excuse I've ever heard. He thought they were Advil? Yeah, let me just drop the fact that you were nodding out and forgive you. How about no.