Ch 11 Rent Checkout

"Is she okay?" Namjoon asked as he came back from grabbing some food for him and Jungkook who was staying at the hospital.

"Yeah, she's fine. She woke up earlier to eat and that's it. The doctor came in too and talked to her." Jungkook said. Namjoon sighed heavily.

"Mh. Here, food." Namjoon said placing a takeout box in front of him. Jungkook began to eat and Namjoon saw your eyes began to scrunch open.

"Y/N!" Namjoon said in a whisper yell and jogged to your side.

"How are you?" Namjoon asked. You looked around. The old bitter smell of the hospital filled your nose as you remembered your youth memories come into place.

"I'm okay..." you said in a raspy voice. Namjoon sighed.

"That's good." Your brother said. Jungkook also came over to your side.

"Where's Yoongi?" You asked. Jungkook am Namjoon looked confused.

"Since when did you care about that old grandpa?" Jungkook asked and you gave him a 'seriously' look.

"I was rushed to the hospital but wasn't Yoongi with us? Did you leave him behind?" You asked. Namjoon laughed.

"You know he has a job as well right?" Namjoon said and your lips formed a 'o'.

"At least you're okay." Namjoon said worried about your state.

"How long was I out?" You asked. Namjoon looked at Jungkook.

"I think just yesterday and last night... you woke up this morning I think. The doctors said it wasn't major but you should still be careful. You're lucky you didn't inhale too much smoke though." Namjoon said. You nodded.

"Do you think my condition will be worse?" You asked in a lowly raspy voice. Jungkook bit his lip as he looked at Namjoon.

"I dunno baby, let's just see what the doctors say. I think you'll be fine for now though." Namjoon said as you sigh heavily.

"What about later on?" A voice said from the door. Everyone looked over and Jin stood in the door frame. Your eyes widen.

"Jin?" You said as your voice cracked. Jin walked over.

"I saw your ex-rays and they look decent now, but it seems like they'll get worse later on. The doctors will just say that you'll be fine, it's what they have to say." Jin said clutching at the fact. It was true. He was a doctor himself and he had to lie to the patients sometimes and prescribe them medicines that weren't exact the their description. He didn't even enjoy the thought of it.

He once tried to tell the patient that he had little time to live but his boss told him to just tell him to have his medicine and he'll be fine. He told the patient about it and he freaked out. Jin remembered the way he died. It was a heart-attack and it was only two days from when he told the man. His boss threatened to fire Jin from his job and he held back ever since.

"Your lungs are dying Y/N." He said sincerely.

"Hyung?" Another voice said. Jin looked behind and Yoongi appeared.

"Oh, Yoongi?" Jin said. You looked at them confused.

"Are you two related?" You asked still confused about their relationship with each other.

"We're friends." Yoongi said lying and went to Namjoon.

Yoongi whispered something to Namjoon and you could barely hear the quiet man. Namjoon's eyes widen and he stood up.

"I got to go Y/N. I'll be back later." He said getting up and bowing before leaving. You watched him leave and Jungkook sat by your side as you looked at Jin.

"My lungs. When do you think they'll be worse from now?" You asked.

"It depends. It could be your next accident. In a week. A month. Years from now. It all depends." Jin said.

"Why are you here Jin?" You said. His face brushed a pink.

"I heard about your accident and I wanted to see if I could help." Jin said. You eyed him. You tried to see
if he was just here to get you back or really try to help you. You couldn't see through him as he smiled cheekily.

"I decided to drop by okay? Be happy, you seem like I don't care at all." Jin said a bit cold. He went by to see your computer next to your bed and look at the results.

"Y/N, I'm sorry." Jungkook said. You tilt our head.

"Why?" You asked. He held his little head down.

"I got you into here. I-I'm sorry..." Jungkook said as he chocked on his own words.

"Yah, I'm the your noona. Don't beat yourself up for it. It was my decision to walk in. I knew what I was getting myself into." You said sincerely. He still held his head down. A sigh slipped out of your lips as you opened your arms. He looked up at you and immediately went for the hug. You softly chuckled and patted him.

"Have you slept?" You whispered in his ear. He shook his head.

"Go sleep. I'll be here when you wake up okay? There's a blanket over there and a tiny couch. Now go." You said assuringly. He separated the hug and took one last glance at you. You gave him a cheeky smile and he pouted as his walked to the couch.

You smiled and looked up to see Jin staring at you. He looked away and licked his lips.

"Umm... I should get going Y/N. I hope you get better soon." Jin said and you nodded as he walked out the door.

Will I get better soon?...
Or.
Will I die with the pain breaking deeper inside of me?...

___________________________

You got up as the doctor recently told you, you could go home. As you walked out with Jungkook, a hint of something fell deep inside. You felt a little tiny hung in your pocket. As you reached in, you saw your white bell in there. Your eye brows scrunched together.

"Your ace?" Jungkook said looking at it as well. You nod.

"How did it get into my old clothes, I thought I left it at home?" You said. Jungkook shrugged and walked ahead of you.

"It probably may have been misplaced by you or something. "He said. You just accepted that you probably did since you don't remember things that easily anyways.

"Yeah maybe..." you said. As you guys hopped into the car, you wrapped the bell bracelet around your wrist. Your deep eyes stared at the white shinning bell.

"Let's head back home." Jungkook said catching your attention. You nodded.

After a while, you both got home and you guys heading inside. A white paper was held onto your guys door as you ran up to read it.

Rent has been skipped this month again. Please don't skip your rent again. You guys pay me double this month. The kitchen has to be replaced by you guys. The bill is $2,500 along with your rent. $3,00 total, plus tax. Pay by the end of this week.

-Owner

Your eyes widen.

"Double?" Jungkook said loudly. You both walked into our house fast and look around. Everything was still there, which is a relief. It was a Saturday so only Sunday would be the only time you could make that kind of money.

But you guys didn't have that kind of money to spend. All you guys had was for you guys to eat. Your guys's income was base on the games you guys played.  Some money used to be from your part time job but you quit that job to pursue a gaming one. It was either move out, or move out and you guys basically only had one option.

You only had one... person in mind. Well maybe two...

Namjoon and Yoongi....

————————————————————

AUTHOR-NIM POV

Hey guys! It the end of the week and I promised something for you guys. I published a new book called Painting The Picture a Jungkook FF. Please check it out if you want to and thanks for reading!

Love yourself!