Ch 24 Brown Bird

After arriving at the hospital with Jungkook, you guys went up to go to Hoseok's room.

You guys checked in and entered his recovery room.

"Hey Hoseok." You said with a smile as you saw him up and better. His face swelled down more and you could see that he got better. He smiled brightly back, happy to see you.

"Y/N! Kook!" Look over here!" He said pointing to a bird on the ledge. You notice it had his wing stuck inside of the window and was struggling with it for a while. The little brown bird fluttered again, probably scared.

"How long has it been here?" You asked. Hoseok shrugs.

"I've been watching him for a while now. Maybe about 20 minutes. I want to help him." He responded. You smile to Hoseok and asked for Jungkook's jacket. He slid it to you and you gently unlocked the window. His wing stuck out on your side of the window as you held it down while you opened the window a bit more so you could keep him from falling. You gently covered the bird with the jacket and brought him in the room to examine him before release.

"Is he okay?" Hoseok asked concerned for his new friend. You poked open the jacket to reveal the little bird slightly in pain. You saw his wing and it was probably sore or popped out. The bird fluttered a bit afraid which hurt him more.

"Hoseok do you have a bit of water?" You asked. He nodded and reached over for his water bottle. Jungkook went to go grab a wide cup and he brought over the water. You placed the water near the bird and he propped himself up a bit and noticed it quickly before heading to the liquid.

"Did something happen to his wing?" Hoseok asked.

"I think he's sore or his wing is popped out. It's probably nothing too big because it doesn't seem like he's having too big of trouble fluttering around." You said as the tiny bird jumped around. He had an attempt to fly but fell in Jungkook's jacket and you laughed a bit at its cuteness.

"Can we keep him?" Hoseok asked. You bit your lip.

"He's not a house pet, he came from the wild. I don't think we can keep him Hoseok." You said a bit sad as well.

"Yeah, you're right." He said smiling a bit at the bird as he flickered.

It was a bit after the bird has been in your care and he seemed fine now. He was flying a bit well and he flew onto Jungkook's head once as you and Hoseok laughed. The bird propped himself on the window.

He wants to leave.

"I think we should say our good bye now guys." You said looking at the bird.

"Aww. Bye little buddy I'mma miss you." Hoseok said smiling bright to him. Jungkook clucked his tongue.

"See you birdie." He said. You gently opened the window and the bird looked around before fluttering off. You closed the window and Hoseok smiled looking out of it.

"How are you feeling?" You asked forgetting about asking that question. He shrugged.

"The usual now." He said with a giggle. You missed him so much even though it has only been one day. You stared at him and hug him tightly. He chuckled as he hugged you back.

"What is this for?" He said as you tightened it.

"Everything." You said letting go. He scoffed.

"Aigoo~ my little Y/N. What am I going to do with a cutie like you?" He said pinching your cheeks. The doors opened and it was his doctor, or dad.

"Doctor Jung." You said bowing.

"Oh! Y/N? I didn't know you were here." He said smiling at you and Jungkook.