Eleven: Warning

The morning was bright and sunny despite the rather cold wind. [Name] was walking through a wide road and slowly heading towards the school. There was still some time before the lessons would start, but the girl was used to getting up early. She just preferred to be sure that she doesn't miss the train to school and be late because of it.

She was humming under her breath, enjoying the fact that the road was still empty and quiet.

She wasn't wondering much about what Oikawa meant by saying that she was cute. She was sure it was one of his texts he used towards every girl. She could guess it became his habit to say such shameless things no matter who the person he was talking to was.

But still, it made her kind of happy to hear such a compliment. And she cursed herself for being so weak for nice words.

Don't expect anything.

Her singing suddenly stopped when someone appeared from the second road, which was crossing the one she was walking through.

It was a boy with spiky, dark hair and the uniform from the same school as the hers. He was holding his hands in the pockets of his pants. He was about to turn in the same direction as her, but he stopped, seeing her. He waved to her and smiled friendly.

"Hello, [Name]", he said when the girl caught up to him.

"Hello, Iwaizumi-san", she replied shyly, a little bit surprised by the fact that the boy recognised her.

At the same time, she mechanically grabbed the string of her bag tighter, feeling her body getting stiff. Even if she gained a little confidence by spending time with Oikawa, she was still a mouseburger when it came to dealing with other people.

She looked around as if she was searching for something.

"Where is Oikawa-san? I thought you're going to school together", she managed to ask without stumbling.

"This idiot overslept so I went without him", Iwaizumi frowned at the sole mention of his troublesome friend.

"I-I see...", the girl replied.

"You seem to be spending a lot of time with him lately", the boy noticed.

Oh, how he wished to tell [Name] about the stupid bet Oikawa made with his friend. He wanted to end it before she would really start feeling something for Oikawa. He wanted to prevent this innocent girl from an unavoidable heartbreak. Even if his friend said he wouldn't hurt her, it was impossible not to break her down unless he was actually willing to be with her.

[Name] froze as if she suddenly realised something. She turned to Iwaizumi rapidly, apologising expression appearing on her face.

"I'm sorry! I didn't want to take your friend away from you! He spends less time with you now, right? I really didn't mean to barge in your friendship, I'm so sorry!", she squealed.

The boy was looking at her, dumbfounded.

"Um... It's alright?", he finally coughed up. "I mean, he's not on at me so much, finally, so I'm rather grateful than angry. He's a pain in the ass sometimes", he smiled awry to himself.

[Name] giggled quietly, recalling the fact that Oikawa took her phone number when she wasn't around him and was now tormenting her with thousands of messages.

Tell me something I don't know, she thought to herself.

"But what I wanted to say is... Be careful around him", Iwaizumi said with a more serious voice. He didn't want to blurt out about the bet, since he still held the slightest hope for Oikawa to come to his senses. But, just in case, he preferred to warn the girl about him. "He's not always exactly what he's showing".

The girl was looking at him, surprised. Why would he tell her this all of a sudden?

"I know", she replied calmly. "It's hard not to realise that".

Iwaizumi peeked at her with a wave of relief.

"I should've guessed so. You've been observing him a lot, haven't you? Even in junor high school. When you called for me, seeing that he was overworking himself. You had to know something about him to tell that he was acting weird".

The girl jolted.

So he remembered that?