Fifty: Meeting

Even though Oikawa was constantly sending messages and calling, a week has passed without any response from [Name]. She ignored the messages, didn't answer the calls, and even didn't come to school. As much as he tried to hold back his feelings on the court, Oikawa couldn't fully resist giving in to them during his practices - his serves became less effective, his sets were messy, and his spikes lost their previous power. He didn't even have a will to hide his struggles so everybody knew that something between him and [Name] was not okay. But the only people who were aware of the reason for their fight were Hanamaki, Matsukawa, and Iwaizumi.

"I want to say that I told you it wasn't a good idea, but I guess I don't have to", Iwaizumi said to Oikawa the day after [Name] had found out about the bet.

"What should I do?", the chocolate haired boy turned his face to his friend. His expression was so pathetic that even Iwaizumi was taken aback for a moment.

"I don't know. I'm not sure if you can even do anything in this situation", he sighed.

"But I don't want to give her up!", Oikawa protested. "It may be selfish but it's the one thing I can't do".

"Then tell her this as soon as you see her", Iwaizumi suggested.

A week has passed since she last went to school. It was about time to pull herself together. She knew that but just the vision of seeing Oikawa made her feel uneasy.

[Name] sighed and adjusted her school bag on her shoulder. She was passing the school's entrance gates lost in thoughts.

During the long week of hiding in her own room, she came to realise but one thing.

She couldn't hate Oikawa no matter how hard she tried to.

Of course, she was angry at him for lying to her and didn't forgive him, but she also couldn't forget what he has done for her.

He showed her the world in which shield wasn't needed. He helped her and Shizuku make up. He made her feel happy.

But still, it didn't change the fact that her heart had shattered into pieces also because of him.

She didn't know how she should react the moment she would see Oikawa.

But she knew that she wasn't ready for it.

She was just passing by the gymnasium when she woke up from her thoughts. She stooped walking and looked at the large building.

This place brought back memories of Oikawa.

The evening when she saw him half naked in the changing room, their first kiss, the first time she realised that she loved him.

These memories were painful but also happy. Once again she felt a strong pang on her heart. Just when she was about to resume walking, some vague silhouette caught her eye.

She turned around to see Oikawa standing in some distance behind her.