Seventeen: Revelation

[Name] was sitting in her room, with her head resting on her bed's mattress. She wasn't crying, but she could feel her throat clenching as if it was trying to stop the tears from flowing. She didn't even notice how much her body was shaking and how much her stomach hurt. Her eyes were shut. She could see nothing but darkness surrounding her. She could hear only the sweet whisper getting louder and louder. She clogged her ears, but it didn't help. She still could hear the voice clearly. What was more, she started hearing some bumping noise. Was it her heartbeat? It was really fast.

Suddenly, the doors to her room opened with a loud bang. [Name] quickly turned towards the noise, a petrified expression huing her face. Her eyes were widely opened, and she was still holding her ears with her hands while sitting in a small hunch. It wasn't her heart she could hear. It were Oikawa's footsteps as he was running towards her.

Oikawa's horrified face became a little bit calmer as he saw that the girl was all right, but at the same time he felt his own heart clench at the view he had before him.

[Name] was shaking, bent over, and scared. She looked like a wounded animal facing a hungry predator. Was it possible that his kiss made her so devastated? The boy glanced at the messed up pile of papers next to the girl.

What had happened?

He shoved away the question and quickly closed up to [Name]. She yelped and moved away, but the bed stopped her.

Oikawa kneeled before the girl. He ably grabbed her wrists and forcibly uveiled her ears so that she could hear him.

"[Name], listen to me!", he insisted as the girl turned her head to the side, trying to avoid his look. "Tell me what has happened".

Silence was the only response.

"Is it because of me?", Oikawa asked, not letting go of [Name]'s hands.

Only now did the girl remember what had happened on today's evening practice. She shivered and started jigling to free herself from the boy's grip. A blush hued her cheeks.

"I'm sorry!", Oikawa finally released her. He put his hands on his knees and bowed deeply. "I went too far", he continued, while still bending.

Once again, silence filled the room. The boy waited for the reply, but since he didn't get any, he peeked up at the girl.

He straightened up as soon as he saw her face.

She was visibly trying to resist crying. She frowned and covered her face with her hands. Her shoulders lifted, but not a single sound was let out. Instead, she shook her head. She knew that if she said something, she wouldn't be able to stop crying. But at the same time she wanted to show Oikawa that it wasn't his fault.

"So it's not beacuse of the kiss?", Oikawa asked warily.

[Name] shook her head once again.

"Then why?", the boy inquired.

She didn't answer.

Oikawa grabbed the girl's arms and moved closer to her.

"[Name]...", he whispered, feeling her warm body shaking.

Oikawa looked around, searching for some clue. Something that would tell him why [Name] was so shattered. Once again, his eyes locked on the pile of papers lying next to them.

He scanned it quickly; there were diplomas, photos, letters. But for some reason, one specific photo caught his eye.

It was a photo of two girls, both probably around ten years of age. They were captured in a hug, smiling brightly. They were wearing the same uniforms with the emblems of one of Miyagi's primary schools. One girl had long, black hair tied into two ponytails. She was smiling widely to the camera. The second girl was slightly shorter, her hair was (h/c), short, and disbanded. Her face was hued with a shy smile. It wasn't hard to guess that the second girl was [Name].

Oikawa moved his eyes back on the girl he was holding. She hid her face in his chest and grabbed the linen of his shirt, trying to calm down.

"[Name]-chan, who is this?", he asked, and the girl looked up. She turned her head towards the photo which Oikawa was pointing.

She immediately freezed. A small tear dropped from her cheek, then next, and another.

She couldn't contol her weep anymore.