Thirty Four: Anxiety

[Name] was standing before the gymnasium's front door, and peeking hesitantly at the handle. There was still much time left for the evening practice to start, and she was probably the first person to arrive at the hall, but she didn't want to risk walking in and catching the attention of the boys from the team. She sighed, suddenly regretting her yesterday's promise of going to Oikawa's practice. Even though she liked watching the boy play, she preferred to remain unseen throughout the whole practice. And this was rather impossible, considering the fact that the stands were filled with Oikawa's fangirls, and even the seats by the court, where Oikawa said she could sit, were located in plain sight from the hall's centre.

[Name] sighed before turning away from the door. She still had time, so she decided to take a round around the gymnasium and search for some back entrance. The girl quickly turned round the corner and started walking along the gymnasium's outer wall. She was slowly getting close to the back of the hall, when, suddenly, something stopped her. It were voices of two people who were supposedly standing at the back of the gymnasium. Normally, [Name] would have turned back and take another route, but not this time. Not when one of those voices surely belonged to Oikawa.

On the spur of the moment, [Name] got closer to the place from which the voices were coming. Carefully, making sure that she couldn't be seen, she peeked out from around the corner. She widened her eyes and froze, seeing that the person Oikawa was talking with was a girl, probably from his grade. Her face was embarrassed, a blush was covering her cheeks. Even though their words were undistinguishable, there was no mistaking. What [Name] happened to see was a scene of a confession. The moment she realised that, she turned her head away from them. She knew she should go away, but somehow her legs didn't move. Instead, she slumped on the ground, and dived into her thoughts.

Somehow, even though she knew that Oikawa was popular among girls, she has never realised that this led to receiving many confessions. Basically, for Oikawa, gaining a girlfriend was something unimaginably easy. With his looks and attitude he could have literally any girl he wanted. That was the impression most of the people had, at least. Why did she ignore this fact earlier?

And why did it bother her so much?

"[Name]-chan?", the girl suddenly woke up from her thoughts, hearing Oikawa's voice right next to her ear.