Chapter 8

“You look like you have something up your ass – and not in the pleasurable way.” Hobi’s tone was obviously amused but Jungkook sighed, putting away the paper he was holding. He’s been reading the same line 4 times, his mind in a completely different place than it should have been. “Did something happen?”

“No, no –“ He mumbled unconvincingly, making the other sit on a chair right beside him. Sometimes, he wondered if his friend had any idea what personal space meant.

“Sure. Yeah.” Hoseok had his eyebrows raised dangerously and the other couldn’t help but grin at the way he would always lose to his charms. “Is it about Jimin?” He found out about Jimin from Namjoon and Seokjin who weren’t able to keep their mouths shut about his new relationship. “Did you two fight?” Fight? He never fought Jimin, he realised, which was unusual because he was a very picky and pretentious man but he simply couldn’t find faults big enough to start an argument when it came to the younger.

“No, there’s this kid I’m worried about.” He sighed, it’s been a while since he last shared his problem. “He gives Jimin a hard time.” He wrinkled his nose at the words he chose but decided that he would not give more explanation because it was somehow personal. He already had to work a lot to make the boy accept that it was not his fault and that the fact that he gave Yejun so many chances was the proof that he had a heart that was too big for the world they were living in.

“I’ve never seen you this involved.”

“I’ve never been.” He smiled a bit, making the other chuckle.

“Whipped – that’s what you are.” He was pleading guilty.

Nervous was a small word compared to what he was feeling about going back to college. Because he was this anxious he had to take a pill ever since he opened his eyes - he had an agitated sleep and he woke up sweaty. He messaged Jungkook and then had breakfast with Yoongi, trying to concentrate on the plain conversation they were having, mostly about the other’s annoyance when it came to interrupting his sleep.

He had a lot of courses to attend to – he was going to be very busy but the problem was that Yejun was going to be in the same room as him for the most part. He was feeling his stomach turning only at the idea that he will sit next to him, that he’d try to talk to him. He was briefly remembering that he tried to apologise but that didn’t excuse his behaviour and the brutal way in which he touched him without consent. It troubled him still, the fact that someone else beside Jungkook touched such an intimate part, it made him feel dirty and unworthy. He entered the class where the Exterior Design course was held with his head low, looking at his worn out black sneakers which he never realised how destroyed really were.  He took a seat in the back, which was unusual for him and took out his sketch notebook, knowing he had nothing better to do until it started.

And that’s when he heard calculated steps and began to freak out because they were becoming louder and louder. He didn’t want this – not at 9 AM when he was so tired and anxious. No.

“Hey – Jimin.” He wanted to forget this voice, his hands grabbed the notebook so tight that his knuckles turned white and he kept his eyes low. “Can I talk to you for a bit?”

“Don’t.” He whispered.

“But I want to –“

“Leave me alone.” He said that loud enough for a few people to turn their eyes towards them and he felt his face burning because he hated being in the centre of attention like this. There was too much pressure so he gathered his things and before the teacher appeared he made his way out of the building, looking around for a place where he could spend the next couple of hours.