Chapter 12

In the twenty years he lived, Jimin has never been outside Korea – he hasn’t even been on a plane before! The thought made him as curious as he was enthusiastic about seeing other places, buildings and spaces he saw in his many books about the world. Jungkook made it clear that he chose Barcelona because of Gaudi and he felt truly grateful and touched but the first thing that came into his mind was that he couldn’t accept the gift. It was too much – he would have been happy with a mug with “Best Student” written on it and as soon as he said this a never ending conflict was born. They were both headstrong and the little fights exhausted the younger boy enough to make him accept; arguing with Jungkook was the last thing he wanted because his holiday seemed so short and he wanted to spend as much time together as they could afford.

He was packing his stuff, incredulous that he was really going to leave the continent before the day would end. The man accepted his only condition – that he’d pay for everything once they got there but something told him this was not going to be the case because Kookie could be such a sweet-talker and could convince him of so many things. He checked the list he wrote on his phone and struggled to close the bags before he decided to take a nap as he had one more hour until his boyfriend was going to pick him up. Fourteen hours of flying seemed like a long time and he was sure he couldn’t sleep in a plane because, in fact, he couldn’t sleep in anything that was moving so he fell into a troubled slumber on the many pillows of his bed. He was still sleepy when Jungkook came to help him with the bags and the endless lines they had to endure didn’t lighten his mood, instead his anxiety began crippling. He didn’t like crowded places and crowded places combined with new experiences were a nightmare so his fingers grasped on the bigger hand tighter, earning a soft kiss on his temple. The brown haired man kept explaining to him what they were supposed to do next and soon they were taking their seats in the first class. They seemed to be accompanied by an old couple only and Jimin looked outside the window, seeing nothing but colourful light bulbs. He became agitated when they were advised to put their safety belts on and his nervousness grew during the explanations the flight attendant offered, so much that he felt himself sweating. They were up in the air and they were going to stay there – vulnerable.

“Baby.” He turned to watch Jungkook’s browns and realised that he was trembling. “We’re safe.” He promised and the boy nodded, still not 100% convinced. He wished they’d arrive already, or better: go back home where they could cuddle together under the lavender-smelling covers. He needed his Daddy but they were in public and that meant he was supposed to act like a proper adult and human being.

He couldn’t.

“Daddy.” He whispered and saw he had Jungkook’s full attention already.

“I’m right here, aren’t I, sunshine?” He brought his hand to his lips to kiss it, his eyes never leaving the boy’s. Jimin only became more restless. “Jiminie, as soon as we can take our belts off I want you to sit on my lap, okay?” It took less than he imagined and soon strong arms were keeping him close, his head resting on the broad shoulder in front of him, the familiar scent flooding his nostrils and calming him with each second. “That’s my good baby, you’re doing so well.” Jungkook kissed his cheek and smiled at the shy expression. “Do you want to play our little game?” He nodded, hiding his face from everyone’s sight.

They reached the letter M when a stewardess passed by and the older stopped her to ask for apple juice. Jimin refused to look at her while he gulped all of it but saw the older lady that was positioned a few seats behind was staring directly at him, disgusted. He accidentally dropped the glass on the floor and he immediately jumped to clean the sticky substance off from where it spread, on the chair and floor.

“Don’t worry about it –“ A stewardess said and Jimin heard Jungkook telling her something but couldn’t understand the words he used. He felt a hand grasping his arm and pulling him up. Panic was everywhere, he was scared of being judged, of being annoying.