Chapter 14

“Can you help me?” Jungkook turned around and saw that the boy was holding a bottle of sun lotion that was meant to protect his pale skin which was so outstanding between all those foreigners. He was already sitting under an umbrella and he had a sun hat on but he wanted to make sure. He was looking cute, his nose and cheeks already covered in cream so Jungkook couldn’t help himself and kissed his lips quickly before grabbing the thing.

“Turn around.” He instructed and the boy did as he was told, lying still even when the coldness began covering his back and shoulders. “Maybe you should get my umbrella too. You know, just to be sure.”

“Ha ha ha.” The reply was humourless but that amused Jungkook further.

“Let’s go for a swim.” He’s been trying to get him in the water for a while now but it’s all been futile if it involved more than his toes. “Come on, nothing will happen. I’ll buy you ice cream once we get out.” The boy groaned but knew his boyfriend wouldn’t give up until it went his way as that applied to everything – so he took the hand he was offered and looked at his light blue slippers. “No need for those.”

The hot sand burnt the sole of his feet so he was walking funnily, trying to stop the small yelps that were threatening with a bite of his lower lip which drew blood at some point. They needed to get off the beach soon because the sun was too strong. Jungkook was vertical, untouched by the pain so he took pity on the other and sighed before he squatted to offer a piggy back ride.

“But...” Buts were futile when it came to the man so after he saw the serious stare he got on and wrapped his arms around his neck. He felt strong hands grabbing his legs and forcing them around the other’s middle and took in the salty smell. Jungkook loved all sports so it wasn’t a surprise that he spent more time swimming than doing anything else and that’s why he was sure he wasn’t in any kind of danger around him. Once droplets of water began to splash his legs he felt a shiver down his spine.

“Slide down?”

“No~” He whined.

“Baby –“

“No!” So Jungkook leaned on his back and his whole body met the water, the impact too sudden for him to realize until he felt the coldness everywhere. He took a huge gulp of air once he got to the surface and rubbed his eyes until they turned pink, his heart still beating wildly. He panicked a bit during the fall so his first reaction was to begin to splash around, looking like an angry puppy. “You... You asshole!” He shouted and struggled to get out, feeling a hand pulling him towards a chest which was shaking because of laughter.

“It was just a joke.” The man excused himself but it was useless because Jimin seemed to be just as annoyed by his actions. “Sweets...” The boy began to swim the best he could away from him and he decided to let him calm down and chuckled. “So cute.” He muttered to himself and watched to make sure he reached the beach before he began swimming on his back and thinking about a way of making up. He waited about 5 minutes before he joined him on the land, taking a towel to dry his hair.

Jimin was looking too adorable sulking to be taken seriously so he sat beside him, a hand cupping his knee and making him shift away from the touch.

“Jiminie –“

“Leave me alone.” He mumbled and Jungkook stole a short peck from him, earning a slap on his shoulder. “Kisses are forbidden.” The older rose a brow.

“Not even ice cream could change your mind?”

“No.” The boy grabbed the book he was trying to finish and read the same sentence thrice when he accepted that his mind was not in the right place and turned to see Jungkook was staring at the waves. “You scared me.” Brown eyes turned to watch him with guilt.