Chapter 1: escaping from Dr. Kazuku

Thirteen's POV:
Darkness.. all around me. The sounds of screams and crying echoes through the cells. I sit in the corner of my chamber, knees up to my chest hugging my legs. Soon a guard will come to bring me my meal of the day before hauling me to my next experimentation. I hear the footsteps coming closer as a small light begins to shine. 'This is my only chance to escape, I have to be patient' I thought to myself eagerly. I look at my arms and legs. They're covered in deep electrical burns and my fingernails and toenails had been ripped off. I shudder at the memory of when I was punished for attacking the guards and begin to wrap my arms and legs with bandages the doctor provided for me. 'I'm so scared, what if the doctor catches me trying to escape.. he'll punish me for sure..' I started doubting myself. I was shaking. I had been a prisoner here for my whole life. Never knowing what was behind these stone walls.
"Thirteen! Present yourself!" The guard yelled. I look up and he's on the other side of the bars locking me in the chamber. He locks eyes with me. My right eye, a sharp emerald green and my left eye, a blood red piercing at him through the darkness. A small shiver goes down his spine but quickly recovers. "Time to eat thirteen." He said as he slid a tray of what looked like mushy rice and rotten meat. 15 Years I've been locked in here. 15 Years I've been experimented on and tortured. My left eye was replaced by a cat demon's eye when I was about two years old. They expected my little body and soul to reject the demon and die a gruesome and painful death. And I almost did. My body almost immediately rejected the demon's eye. It was the most painful thing I had ever experienced. I was screaming and crying like never before. Just as everything was going black my soul accepted the demon's and we were a match. Blood ran from my eye and I saw the cat demon. Even though no one in the room could see him, I could. "I am apart of you now, as you are apart of me" the demon growled as he crept towards me. I screamed as his soul entered through my eye. I felt as my head was going to explode. Just then it stopped. Everything, all the pain, all the growls, just everything stopped. And that was it. I was named Thirteen. The thirteen's child to survive the mutation.
"You need to eat this meal, I'm not going to ask you again!" The guard shouted at me. Snapping me out of my daydream. I crawl to the tray and slide it closer to me. I throw the meat to the side and just eat the rice. "Alright let's go" The guard said as he opened my cell door. He put a rope around my wrists. With a sword to my throat we walk out of the cell. Most of the children oblige to the guards without hesitation. But for the children that were more rebellious they take extra measures to keep them under control when transporting them.
I walked slowly as we passed the other chambers. "That's Thirteen, the girl with the demon's eye" some of the other kids whispered. I glanced at the children. Most were from a recent sweep. The doctor usually collects orphaned children left from the ongoing wars. He does this every couple of months. To replace the children that don't survive. The guard pushes me to walk faster. We walk down a dark corridor. 'This is my chance! I've had good behavior for a few months so his guard is down' I think to myself. I stop and the guard bumps into me. "Stupid girl I didn't say to stop walk-" I cut him off by quickly swiping his sword from him and shoving it directly in his throat. He coughs up blood and falls down dead. Blood is now splattered on my white kimono that the facility provided. "No time to stand here. Gotta find an exit." I mumble to myself. I begin to quickly run down the empty hallway. I turn the corner and run down the hall. I hear guard voices and quickly halt and turn around. 'Shit! They're headed towards me' I think to myself as I run down the hall. All of a sudden I see a window. I stop and look up at it. It's too high up for me to reach so I have to get creative. I look around the corridor for something to help me reach the window. I see a small barrel in the corner of the room. "There we go!" I say to myself as I position the barrel in front of the window. I climb up and notice the window is barred. I examine the bars for an opening I can squeeze through.
"She has to be around here somewhere!" I hear voices echo from the direction I jut came from. Panic begins to set in and I start kicking the bars. Since I was mutated with a demon my strength is higher that the average human. But the facility keeps us on the edge of starvation so that we're weak enough to not escape but strong enough to showcase our power. I keep kicking with all my strength and finally the bars break off. I look down and see the facility is on top of a cliff and the window overlooks the Forrest and a near by river. I gulp. The only way to go is to jump. 'I hope I survive this fall' I think anxiously to myself as I get in the position to jump. The sun is setting so if I do this just right they won't be able to find me till daylight. And by than I'll be gone! I smile to myself. "There she is! Get her!" I turn around and see about 12 guards running to me. "It's now or never!" I yell to myself, I can't be afraid! My long lavender hair is flowing in the wind and I jump towards the river.

***************** editor note**************
Hey everyone! I'm hoping that's you're enjoying the story so far. I'm trying to add something kind of different to the fanfiction world. The picture at the top is what I imagined Thirteen will kind of look like.  In my mind I see her with the same hair as the picture, no barrettes in her hair. One green eye and one red. Her clothes are also a white kimono with the number 13 on her back. DISCLAIMER: I own none of the characters from Inuyasha. All the rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi.