Chapter 45

Catya POV:

——————————————————————————

"We have to separate you from Bankotsu. If he finds out that you're pregnant things will not be good and if he finds out that we're hiding it from him.." Aname says.

"He'll kill us." Suikotsu finished.

After some strange tests and observation of my body, Aname was able to determine that I was just at 4 months.

"You're one tough girl, Catya. You have been able to engage in battles, receive damage but no damage to the baby. It's really intriguing." Aname says as she cups my face.

I didn't react to her touch. Everything felt so numb.

The images of the prior night still fresh in my head.
I balled my fists in my lap.

"What if he's happy?" I ask quietly.

Aname and Suikotsu exchanged a look.

"He won't be. Bankotsu isn't exactly the fatherly type." Suikotsu answers.

"This is for the best, Catya." Aname says just as Bankotsu walks in.

——

"You're my favorite my favorite girl in the whole world."

Those words broke my heart. I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream, I wanted to tell him the truth but I couldn't.

Without him I had nothing. Without his brothers I would be nothing.

I placed my hand over my stomach. Bankotsu pulled me to him, lacing his fingers with mine over my hand and held me close with the other.

Tonight will be the last night I can lay with him like this. Aname says that I will start growing a bump in a few weeks and must ween off of Bankotsu and band of Seven, excluding Suikotsu since he was the first one to know.

I snuck out of his room before he could wake and made my way downstairs.

"Good morning, Catya." Renkotsu says as he looks up from his papers.

"Good morning!" I say as cheerfully as I could.

"Are you alright? You look a little pale." He asks.

"Huh? Oh yes! I ate something that's making my stomach want to puke." I lied.

"Well if you throw up make sure it isn't on anything important." He says resuming his work.

"Yes sir." I say with a smile before heading to the kitchen and out the back alley door to throw up.

I walk back into the kitchen wiping my mouth and nearly ran into Mayu.

"Watch where you are going, roach." She snaps.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" I ask glaring at her with my hands on my hips.

"What the hell were you doing outside?" She countered.

"Marking my next victim." I shoot back.

She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Enough you two!" Aname's voice shouts.