Chapter 28

Jakotsu POV

—————————————————————————-

"Hey big brother!" I call out.

We had been searching the village, tearing it apart to find this fucking guy and so far nothing.

'Bankotsu won't be to happy with us coming back empty handed. Great.' I thought to myself as I roamed around the inn looking for him and Catya.

Those two are something else.
Never has big brother cared about a girl this much, it's interesting how he is with her than how he is with another girl. He would always say, "Women are good for a few things like pouring our drinks and sucking our dicks!" But it seems like Catya is more to him than that.

"I found them!" Suikotsu announces.

We head to the back of the inn and found Big brother holding an unconscious Catya as tight as he could.

Around them were multiple dead bodies and the both of them were covered in blood.

"Let me see her head." Suikotsu says kneeling down and reaching his hand to touch her.

Big brother immediately turning his body so that he was blocking Suikotsu from touching her.

"Don't touch her! No one touch her!" He shouts with anger deep in his voice as his whole body shook.

"But big brother, she's wounded and needs to be treated." Suikotsu says.

"I don't give a shit! I'll take care of her!" He says looking up at us.

I took a step back.

His eyes sent a shiver down my spine.
I've known Bankotsu for a long, long time and never had I seen him with such rage in his eyes. His glare could stab right through you.

I looked down at Catya and saw that half of her face was covering in blood. Looking at her head I saw the deep red color melting through her lavender hair.

She was hurt.
While under his watch.
No wonder the look in his eye.

But what happened?
From what I could instantly tell most of these bodies were killed by Bankotsu, but two out of the 20 were killed...differently.

One that I could barely tell was female had burns all over her body and her head torn off.
The other body was a man..a cute one too. The entire center of his torso had a clean hole straight through with his organs splatter all behind him.

Could it have been?
That Watari guy had said something about her and her demon.
Shit, what was it?

'If she substance enough damage it could and will release Bartholomew. With Kazuku's creations they naturally announce how much power they release as a means of controlling them but not Catya. That's what made her so unpredictable and feared throughout the....blah....blah...blah.'

That must be what happened.

"Bankotsu?" I crouch down in front of him.

He picked her up bridal style, turned on his heel and headed back to the inn.

Just as he was about to enter he turns to us and says, "kill everyone in this inn. We'll stay for the night and by sunrise we leave and when we do burn this fucking place to the ground."

And with that he disappears into the inn with Catya in his arms.

"I wonder what happened."

——————————————————————————