Chapter 40

Bankotsu POV:

——————————————————————————

"Fuck..this sucks." I complained.

We were ambushed. Blown out from the sky. I'm glad I was able to protect Catya for the most part but now we're separated and with no knowledge of where she could be.

I felt uneasy not having her in my sights, close to me.
Jakotsu and I walked through the dark, deep cave trying to find a way to the girls.

That damn Yukine. It's his fault she's not by my side. When we hit the mountain I pulled her to me to cover her but that bastard used magic to push me into Jakotsu and off the fish just as we crashed.

"Damn it!" I yell out as I punched a hole in the rock wall.
The way he was looking at her.. I look at her the exact same way. He wants her. He wants to take her from me.
I growled.
He's the only one who can take her from me, and he knows it.

Well fuck that! I'll cut him to pieces before he can try anything. I'm not losing her to some dick head. I'm not losing her to anyone.

I grabbed Banryu and rested it on my shoulder. The ground soon started shaking violently than stopped.

"What was that?" I ask myself.

"Big brother! I found a new opening!" Jakotsu calls out.

I jog over to him to see and I stared in awe at the giant opening in the mountain. As if something blasted through.

"Let's check it out."

I hop down into the large tunnel and started walking.

"I hope Catya's okay." Jakotsu mumbled quietly.

"Me too." I reply.

After walking for a bit through the tunnel another rumble came and the air thickened as a bright purple light shun from deep in the cave.

I don't understand why but I started running as fast as I could. Something in my gut told me Catya was down there.

'She needs me. I can feel it.'

My stomach churned as a bloodcurdling scream erupts from all around.

"Demons? Shit. Cmon Jakotsu!" I call back to him. He was right on my tail, his expression telling me he had the same feeling.

'Hang on Catya.. I'm coming.'

We reach the end of the tunnel.

My eyes widened at the sight in front of me as my stomach dropped.

'No..no..NO!'

Mayu was running towards Catya as she laid motionless in the middle of the large cave.

Aname laid unconscious behind a boulder with Mayu's hoari under her head acting as a pillow.

"Jakotsu, check on Aname!" I order as I run to Catya.

The area was destroyed. They had been fighting something. Aname was covered in injuries but weren't as severe as Catya's. I could see blood pooling under her and bruises and scratches covering her small body.

Mayu hesitated as she reaches out to turn her over.

Mayu gasped falling back on her ass. Her back pressed against my legs causing her to jump and turn quickly.

"Bankotsu! You're here! Thank goodness!" She cried throwing her arms around me.

I couldn't move. I couldn't react. My eyes glued to Catya's angelic face covered in blood, bruises and dirt.

The Demon's EyeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara