Chapter 38

Catya POV:

—————————————————————————-

I stared at his chest as he nuzzled his nose in my hair. I hadn't moved or responded to his touch, I just stood there in shock.

When I finally came too I took a few steps back and looked up at him.

"I thought you were a girl?" I say to him tilting my head.

He shuffled uncomfortably under my intense gaze.

"Well...we were kids and my voice started dropping with the years." He answers.

"Yukine, we still need to finish." Watari says pulling out a needle and vile.

Watari takes a cautious towards me. My heartbeat began to accelerate as my eyes landed on the needle, fully comprehending that he need to draw blood from my eye; Bartholomew's eye.

"No." I say sternly.

"Catya.." Watari begins, taking another step forward.

"No..no...NO!" I retort. My voice going from a shaken whisper to a shout.

"Catya, you know this is the only way. I must see how you are handling that eye! Make sure your body doesn't reject it!" He argued.

"I'm handling it fine! My body hasn't rejected it since I got it!" I argue back.

Watari narrowed his eyes at my disobedience before sighing in defeat than proceeded to glare at Bankotsu.

"If you see anything off with that eye of hers, let me know because she won't." He yells him.

Bankotsu rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, whatever." He says leaning against the table crossing his arms across his broad chest.

"And stop being a bad influence on her! She never had this little attitude until you got your paws on her." Watari yells over his shoulder, annoyance laced into his voice.

Bankotsu smiles sheepishly at me as I giggled.

"Big brother." Renkotsu says as he walks into the tavern.

Bankotsu turns to look at him as he hands him a paper. He scans the note before smirking.

"When do we need to head out?" He asks Renkotsu.

"Most likely today. As soon as possible is what the messenger said."

"Ah, I see." He turns his head and looks at me.

"Wanna go with us? You don't have to since we will be gone for a week at most so you know, whatever you want to do." He shrugs.

"I'd like to go with you." I say with a smile.

"Good." He smiles back.

"Alright men. Get our shit together and we'll head out in an hour." He orders.

Seeing him be the great leader that he is sent chills down my spine. I always admired that about him. He knew what he wanted with no fear of the consequences and was always ready to guide his friends when they need him most.
And he was such a great fighter.
Watching him kill really turned me on.

"Hey Bankotsu? Where are you guys heading?" Aname asks.

"Hitachi province. The lord of that region has requested our services." Bankotsu answers in a mocking voice.

"Don't be a smartass." Aname growls.
"I ask because I'm needing to conduct some business for Madam in that same province."

Bankotsu raised his brow.